IV

IV: Karma

Today I was going to see the Don in the flesh, there was a deal going down in a new club owned by Don Mateo himself

Today I was going to see the Don in the flesh, there was a deal going down in a new club owned by Don Mateo himself. The Don had to be present for a deal this big.

The rival mafia wanted to call a truce with Don Mateo, the American mafia wanted to clear their name of something we weren't aware of as well.

Here I was sat inside of the club bored to death and shooing away every man that came up to me.

Sasha put me in the most degrading thing I've ever worn and made me get my nails done because it's what the fucking idiot likes. I insisted on wearing my dark finger waves but I knew I had to keep my cover for other occasions.

We settled on a dark curly wig which thank fully compliments my bronze skin tone.

The most recent guy that approached me was currently talking to me yet staring at my breasts the entire time, I wanted to castrate him.

"He sure is persistent

"He sure is persistent." I heard Sebastian snicker over my earpiece.

"Would you like another drink? What are you drinking now, love?" I wanted to throw what I was drinking in his face. Then I remembered that I can't be myself.

"No thank you." I say as nice as I can. He moved a little closer and I can smell the hard alcohol on his breath. "C'mon you should loose, let's dance he grabs my elbow and I begin to smash my glass on his head until someone else comes near.

"Is there a problem?" My head turns towards the voice and cranes up after seeing only a man's chest. I put on my best poker face, meeting him this soon wasn't apart of the plan, this was only supposed to be a close observation.

Think Raye.

"No, now get lost." The guy ignored him not even looking his way. Even I knew he wouldn't take light of this. It all happened so quickly, my hand flinched for the nearest glass as soon as the gun came into view.

The gun that was held at the man's temple as soon as Kenzi smashed his face onto the bar.

"M-Mr Moretti— I didn't realize it was you. Forgive me for my disrespect, please!" I didn't miss the smirk appear on the tall man's face. I'd been given a notice that the underboss was in fact unhinged, just like his father was.

The ringer on his phone goes off making him sigh. I could tell it was from someone of significance because he tensed at the specific ringer.

"You will leave and never return." The man nodded profusely from the corner of my eye. When he let go the man quickly walked away holding his injured nose.

He still hadn't answered the phone and the calling stopped. "Mr. Moretti is it?" I turn towards him and put on my best smile. He looked older different from when I'd last seen him, when he was supposed to die.

"Do I know you?" He asks rudely which is suspected, he wasn't your typical man. "You sure know how to treat a lady." I say softly and give him the most innocent look I can pull off. Now that I'd actually looked his directly in his face he looked better up close.

His dirty blonde just nearly brown hair curled at the ends and stopped just at his ears. I thought he'd look like a child like in his picture on file but he'd clearly grown up in a 4 years difference.

"It's just Ken." He studied my face carefully, it was too late to retreat since I've caught his attention. "Okay just Ken, thank you for saving me from him. I'm afraid I would've spent my entire night ignoring him." I laugh lightly towards the end.

"He has a habit of being annoying." He replies boredly but still takes a seat next to me. "Do you come here often? Or just to find your next fill?" I can here a snicker over my earpiece.

"Both." He throws back the shot the bartender slid to him with a request. Made me notice the tattoo on his wrist, a bumble bee.

"I'm Zuri, by the way." It was my mothers name but I used it often as a pseudonym. "I have a few things to take care of Zuri, I'll see you around." He stands up straight and turns to leave.

That was a fail. I may not get another opportunity to get to him so easily. But my goal is the Don tonight, he's more easily to seduce to my knowledge.

I feel Sasha next to me and she asks for a shot. We don't look at each other.

"He's not here." She says lowly still looking forward, my back straightening at the news. "I got intel that the sottocapo is in charge, The Don is on vacation."

What?! Kenzi is the sottocapo— and since when does the Don take vacation? This throws the original plan down the drain.

"You have to get him tonight, he's already seen your face." Sasha was right, him seeing me again after this would be suspicious. That is if I even get this close to him ever again.

Sasha leaves me and I waited for about 25 minutes, that's how long the meeting took with the Americans. Kenzi walked outside of the office looking annoyed, I noticed Benjamin trailing behind him. Luckily Benjamin doesn't know what I look like so he isn't exactly a threat to me yet.

I get up quickly when he made his way back down near the bar. We locked eyes when I got close enough and pretended as if I was only trying to get by. That is until I feel his hand grab my upper arm.

I can see Sasha's worried face until he swings me around to face him. I wasn't scared but I should be, this could go very left. Worst case I drop him right here, then me and Sasha would have to take out everyone in the club alone.

The look in his eyes was unreadable, but when the hand on my arm dropped to my waist. He pulls me towards a wall and immediately getting into my bubble, he head craned down so his lips grazed my ear.

"Why don't you come home with me, bella- Hm?" His hand moved higher on my waist. The touch and sound of his voice honestly gave me goosebumps. I didn't think it'd be this easy, I thought he loathed me in our short conversation.
(Pretty)

I stood my ground not breaking eye contact even if I was one move away from being putty in his hands. He was extremely attractive.

"Okay."

__________________________

The plan is to get the next update out by tonight 😮‍💨

Thoughts on Raye?

Thoughts on Kenzi?