XII

XII: Sacrifice

Last night after locking up the house I went back to my mothers house

Last night after locking up the house I went back to my mothers house. Bianca and El were fast asleep before I went off. Mateo is supposed to be home tomorrow and returning hopefully with my sister. It was still hard to believe she was alive, after that fucking video replayed on my head after all these years.

"Kenzi are you listening?" Benjamin had returned earlier because things needed to be handled on the business side. Benjamin is the brains so I have to put up with him while I took over.

"Uh no, what's up?" He clears his throat. "I asked how Eliana was." He sits across from me.

"She's okay, she just misses him." I sigh at the end, Benji nods in understanding. It was weird, he never actually asked about Eliana. He often opted out of any conversation about her, maybe he pissed Mateo off and got threatened.

"And Bianca?" He hesitated and I wanted to laugh, Maybe asking about Eliana was a cover up to ask about Bianca. Most of us know he's in love with her or something. "I mean she's just Bianca, annoying and nosey."

He hums before changing the subject. "Mateo will be back soon, we were informed the babies would make full term so—." , "I don't really give a shit about my cousin, what are the updates on Bea." Benjamin sighs.

"Iris has been very discreet, we do have good news though. She's clear of being involved in any trafficking situations, and we recently got signal of her tracker in Lithuania along the border of Latvia. The signal goes in and out so it must have interference where they are hiding her. It's only a matter of time before they realize she's being tracked and destroy it." I rams my hand through my hair. This isn't good news, Bea is out there probably terrified.

"That's too close to Russia, you don't think they're moving her there?" I question and he sighs.

"Possibly but we have ally's in Latvia, the country isn't too big so someone should spot something." My mother interrupts along with my Aunt who hasn't been out much since Bea disappeared.

"You boys want some tea?" My mother sits the tray down on the table in front of us, her eyes are filled with worry. "Cariño you look tired. Have you been sleeping okay?" Hey hand brushes over my overgrown hair.

"I'm fine ma." She pulls her hand away looking back at her sister. "Enzo came early... with Gigi." I was sure the whole room heard my heart speed up. I didn't remember getting to my feet and moving past my mother and aunt, but here I am barreling to the living room.

"Wait Kenzi! She's not herself." I ignored their wavering voices hurrying down the stairs. The first thing I saw when I entered was Enzo, we locked eyes briefly. He moved revealing Gianna with her head down, she was sitting on the couch.

She gripped the cover wrapped around her. Her hair long and frizzy compared to her usual neat cut bob, it covered her face. From the distance I could see her teeth chattering and her body looked frail, she unusually skinny.