XIV

XIV: Regrets

"Wake her up

"Wake her up." Mateo mutters and I oblige smacking the side of her face lightly. Her head lolls back before she raises it quickly and squints at the light. Her immediate instinct is to yank against the ropes holding her wrists together, her tiptoes the only thing touching the ground.

She winced, I'm sure because the rope caused the brown skin of her wrist to turn raw. She keeps her head down, avoiding our faces.

"You wanna tell us who you are?" Mateo questions, I look towards Kenzi who is looking towards me. I was afraid for the girl.

She spits on the ground in response and I could feel the anger radiating from my cousin. My eyes flicker towards the weapons on the table.

"You don't wanna tell me? Fine." He says, he drops it surprisingly.

"Where is my daughter?" He asks and she laughs. "Why would I tell? You'll kill me anyway." she wheezes out.

I'll give it to her, she's a tough cookie. She's been hanging here for days, with nothing on but her undergarments, no lights, no food, minimal water.

Mateo is starting to grow impatient, with information on Bea being held from him, I don't know how much longer so can hold him off.

"I'm sure Eliana would really appreciate you hurting me." Mateo was quick on his feet, his hand gripping her hair and snatching her head back so they are eye to eye.

"Don't say her name." His voice has venom in it, he lets her go immediately after.

"I-is she okay?" If I'm not mistaken she sounds like she's pleading for an answer. This let me know she wasn't the one who has been breaking into the house.

I hadn't said a word to Mateo about it, but someone has been inside with Eliana and Bianca. The moment I realized I set traps, to know if they came back on the premises but they haven't. I knew if I told him, Kenzi would pay for it, Bianca would be shipped off to Santiago, and Eliana would be forced into isolation.

Her safety is important to me but so is her health, no outside contact would drive her crazy.

"I know you're hungry, tell me what I want to know." She was extremely weak, I immediately regretted shooting her in that warehouse. She sighs out, I mentally pleaded her to just tell him.