Chapter #26 Fights and Dog bites

"He will return tonight

"He will return tonight."

Harry's perspective

"Reveal your secrets" Snape pointed his wand at the map. The map started showing but somewhat different. "Read it"

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, offer their compliments to Professor Snape and..." I stopped myself before I burst out laughing.

"Go on," He said confidently

"..." I looked up "and request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business"

"Why you insolent, little..." He was about to lecture me when Professor Lupin appeared.

"Professor." Snape turned around more quickly than expected.

"Well, well. Lupin." Snape said with his abnormally large nose "Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?"

"Harry" Lupin ignored the professor and walked toward me "Are you alright?"

"That remains to be seen" He took the map out of my hand "I have just now confiscated a rather curious artifact from Mr. Potter. Take a look, Lupin." He gave it to the professor "Supposed to be your area of expertise. Clearly, it's full of dark magic."

"Oh, I seriously doubt it, Severus." He inspected the map "It looks as though it's merely a parchment designed to insult anyone... who tries to read it." He laughed a little "I suspect it's a Zonko product. Nevertheless, I shall investigate any hidden qualities it may possess. It is, after all, as you say, my area of expertise. Harry, would you come with me, please? Professor, good night." 

We started walking toward the other side of the hallway. We arrived at the professor's classroom. As we entered he lectured me...

"Come in." We walked through the classroom "I haven't the faintest idea how this map came to be in your possession... but quite frankly, I am astounded that you didn't hand it in. Did it never occur to you that this, in the hands of Sirius Black... is a map to you?"

"No," I said with honesty, I really don't know much about it. "No, sir" I muttered

"Your father never set much stores by the rules either." He walked closer to me "But he and your mother gave their lives to save yours. Gambling their sacrifice by wandering around the castle unprotected... with a killer on the loose seems to me a poor way to repay them! Now, I will not cover up for you again, Harry. Do you hear me?" He seemed serious.

"Yes sir."

"I want you to return to your dormitory and stay there." I started walking out "And don't take any detours. If you do, I shall know." He gestures to the map.

I was walking out but since I was on a streak of honesty, I informed.

"Professor, just so you know, I don't think that map always works." I turned around "Earlier, it showed someone in the castle. Someone I know to be dead."