Chapter #30 See you soon

"You can't get rid of me that easily Potter"

Harry's perspective

I was heading to the DADA classroom because I wanted to talk to Professor Lupin. When I got there, I went to the Professor's office and I saw him, with loads of stuff out.

"Hello, Harry," He said when he didn't even see me. I know we are wizards and we have magic and all, but it still creeps me out. But you know what's worse? That Audrie and Hermione do it all the time, they are doing something, not even looking at you or anything else, and they just know you are there.

"I saw you coming," He said pointing at the Marauders Map, on his desk. Then he waved his wand and a box next to me, started to pack itself. Looking at him, I could see he had some bruises and small cuts, he also looked very, very tired.

"I've looked worse, believe me," He said.

"You've been sacked," I said when I get a better look around his office and seeing that everything is out of place.

"No. No. I resigned actually"

"Resigned? Why?"

"Well, it seems that somebody let slip the nature of my condition. This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving and parents Will not want a, um Well, somebody like me teaching their children" He said while organizing some books on his desk.

"But Dumbledore..." I start and try to defend.

"Dumbledore has already risked enough on my behalf. Besides, people like me are, um Well let's just say that I'm used to it by now" Then with another wave of his wand, clothes and books start packing themselves onto a truck. But before I could say anything, I heard somebody at the door.

"Professor, I've heard that you resigned. Oh, hi Harry." She said looking at me, then she turned back to Professor Lupin and gave him some parchment. "That's my address, whenever you feel like it, you could come to visit. It would be lovely to have you. And I need somebody to talk to and I just feel like you would understand" I am the one not understanding right now, what is she talking about? And by the way, Professor Lupin nodded to her, I feel like he knows what she is talking about.

"I would be delighted Miss Avery, thank you," Professor Lupin said to her, then she also nodded and left the room. After Charlotte left the room, Professor Lupin turned to me and said

"Why do you look so miserable, Harry?"

"None of it made any difference. Pettigrew escaped" I said, feeling very mad I let that happen.

"Didn't make any difference? Harry, it made all the difference in the world. You helped uncover the truth. You saved an innocent man from a terrible fate. It made a great deal of a difference" He said and grabbed a bag and came to stand beside me. "If I'm proud of anything, it is of how much you have learned this year. Now since I am no longer your teacher, I feel no guilt whatsoever, about giving this back to you. So now I'll say Goodbye, Harry. I feel sure we'll meet again sometime." He said, then he turned to the Marauders Map on the table and pointed his wand at it.

"Until then Mischief managed" The map closed itself and all the ink was now gone, leaving a white piece of parchment. Then he started to leave the room while I stood there. But he turned around at the door and said one last thing.

"Oh, by the way, Harry... Why don't you try and ask Miss Avery out? I'm sure she will be delighted"

"Wh- Why would you say that Professor?" I asked. Hermione, Ron, and Audrie were right, it is pretty obvious.

"Come on Harry, I've seen the way you look at her. I'm not blind you know" And with that, he turned around, went down the stairs, and left the classroom. Leaving me red from embarrassment.