Part 8

All week all I could think about was the almost kiss with Mattheo, I know it's wrong but I'm so confused.

It's now Friday and I'm heading to potions with Slughorn. I haven't spoke to him a lot but he seems close to Harry and Ron.

I've been keeping an eye on Harry for the dark lord, sometimes I just want a normal life with no magic or war. Nothing just a normal muggle life.

'What ye thinking about?' I jumped as Raven came behind me and out her arm around me.
'Nothing really' I said as we walked into potions together.

'Ok class let's get started' Slughorn said and everyone lined up.
'Today we will be assessing Amortentia, anyone know what it is?' He asked and Granger immediately put her hand up.

'Miss Granger'

'Ammortentia is a potion which shows what the person desires most or who they desire most of all' She quickly explained and I listened carefully. Slughorn opened the potion and the girls from slytherin started moving closer towards the pot.

'It can be addicting and probably one of the most dangerous in the world' Slughorn said and closed it again taking the girls out if they're daydreams.

'Who would like to smell it and tell us what you can smell?' He asks us and everyone stayed quiet but before I noticed that everyone stepped backwards making me look like I wanted to try which I don't. I don't like anyone or probably ever will. I can't do love. 

'Faye good, come here' Slughorn said smiling and I slowly walked forward. 

'Sorry sir but I really don't think I'll smell anything. I do love' I said while laughing and he shook his head.

'Everyone can love' He tries to reason with me. 'Maybe' I frowned.

I walked towards the pot of amortentia and put my hands on the rim. 

'I don't smell anything' I say, 'Concentrate Miss Snape' 

I take a deep breath in and smell cigarettes and strong cologne, I really don't know anyone who smells like that. 

'Just cigarettes and cologne' I shrug noticing that Mattheo actually showed up for a class for once. I look over and smile softly while walking back to my spot. 

The class finished up quickly after that and I grabbed my things and rushed back to the common room. I have a test tomorrow and I'm not that happy about it. 

I sit down on the long green sofa and begin to take out my things. I studied for a couple of hours and I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in the common room. 

'Crap' I mutter under my breath, god why am I always so incompetent. I roll my eyes at my behaviour even though I have this test in the bag. I turn to leave but someone speaks.

'Leaving so early?' He sits there with his smirk. 'Stalking me now are we Mattheo?' I ask and my smirk grows. I really hate this boy. 

'Want one?' He gets up and hands me a cigarette, I shake my head swiftly and give it back. 

'I don't smoke' I shrug while putting my stuff on the table. 'I noticed Raven's back at school' I say wondering where my best friend disappeared to. 

'Father will let her be for now' he quickly says and I nod.