3. Potions partners

"The second I saw his face all the memories of us came back."

✧༺♥༻∞

"Yes?" I said as I turned my head to face him. My heart immediately dropped. I knew I was going to have to see him, but I didn't think it'd be this soon, or that he would approach me.

I haven't seen him since the whole breakup. He looks the same to me except with a darker shade under his eyes screaming for sleep.

"How are you?" He asked shyly with the same stupid grin on his face making this ten times more awkward than it needed to be.

"Spectacular, and how about yourself?" I asked sarcastically with the same grin. I knew I wasn't helping this situation, but I thought a little fun wouldn't hurt.

"I'm alright thank you for asking, Look Veronica, I know things didn't end great between us, but I don't want things to be awkward-"

"Well luckily for us, it's not, everything is fine really" I replied fastly trying to get back to my dorm before breaking down in front of him.

The second I saw his face all the memories of us came back. After all the hard work of trying to get over him, it was now down the drain.

I hate when people see me cry. It shows weakness which is something I don't show. I know Cedric has seen me cry before, but this is a lot different.

"Very well, I'll see you around yeah?" He asked as his expression softened into a sadder one.

"I'm sure you will," I said hostilely as I fastly made my way back up to my dorm

This is going to be a long year I thought as I made it to my dorm room with a few tears falling down my face as my back slid down the door.

-

I woke up that morning with puffy eyes. I looked at the time and I knew I had to get ready for the day.

I went to shower in my bathroom that I luckily had to my own.

I went to put on my robes and tie, mentally gagging at the bright yellow color.

I finished everything off with some natural makeup that I wore almost every day. It was just mascara, concealer, blush, and some chapstick. Then I tied the two front pieces of my hair back and pulled some baby hairs to frame my face. I topped the whole look off with some small gold hoop earrings

I grabbed my bookbag and left as I made my way down to The Great Hall for breakfast.

Once I got there I went straight to see Olivia at the Slytherin table to see what classes we had together.

She was in the middle of a conversation with Pansy Parkinson.

"And that's when she said she was straight, like after all that- oh hey Thompson," Pansy said hastily as she changed the subject.

"Hey Parkinson, mind if I borrow Liv for a second?"

"Be my guest" She replied as Liv and I walked back to the Hufflepuff table.

"Let me see your timetable," I said to her while we found seats and sat down.

"I already checked, Hufflepuffs and Slytherins only have potions together" She replied while taking a bite of a muffin that was offered on the table.

A disappointed frown appeared on my face when she said that. I was hoping to see Olivia more this year since previously I felt that I pushed her away when Cedric and I started dating. I missed her.

"There's going to be a party at the Slytherin common room this Friday, it's some type of welcome back thing, are you going?"

Olivia asked as she went on about how cute she and Blaise are going to look as it's their first social appearance together.

"For sure, I'm kinda desperate for a party at the moment" I stated back to her with a wink. I was in need of a good common room party.

"One, you're insane and two, we've got to get to class" Liv and I got up from our seats at the table and walked to our first lesson.

-

Finally time for potions, probably one of my favorite classes.

As I walked into the classroom, I immediately walked over to where Olivia was sitting, that was until I heard the monotone deep voice I knew so well, Professor Snape.

"Miss Thompson, I do hope you are well aware that I will be assigning seats this year"

"Of course professor how could I forget?" I commented back to him with a sarcastic smile. My final year and Snape was still on my ass for the dumbest shit.

That was until the door burst open with an out of breathe Theodore Nott.

"Sorry I'm late professor, won't happen again"  He was breathing heavily with swollen lips and dark patches on his neck

I rolled my eyes out of disgust.

"I'm sure it won't Mr. Nott, now if I may resume the seating charts after being interrupted,"

He started calling out names to the seating arrangement till it got to the last of us.

"Abbott and Goyle"

"Rogers and Zabini"

I huffed out of annoyance, if I'm not sitting with Olivia, I prayed to Godric that I won't be seated with Cedric.

"Bones and Parkinson"

"Diggory and Tomlinson"

Thank Godric I thought.

"Thompson and Nott"

I rolled my eyes as he sat down in the empty seat next to me. That strong smell of cigarettes and cologne hit my senses.

"So we meet again, Thompson" His raspy hoarse voice spoke sending goosebumps down my body as he looked me up and down.

"Looks like it Nott" I tried to keep up this confident act.

"These seats will be permanent and for the rest of this term" Snape mentioned one last time before informing us of the assignment.

I pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill.

"You've got an extra quill?", the tall Slytherin boy asked next to me.

"Not for you" I spat back at him, the audacity this man really has.

"You're fucking impossible, you know that?", he whispered back to me with an annoyed tone.

"So I've been told" I replied to the boy.

I knew this was going to be an interesting year.

✧༺♥༻∞