22. Death of him 2

"I finally learned how someone else's presence can be so impactful"

✧༺♥༻∞

Feeling something move beside me, I woke up to see my boyfriend who I had just spent the last couple of hours having sex with get up.

"Hey... are you leaving?" A whisper was the only thing able to come out of my tired voice.

Even with the darkness in my dorm, a worried look washed over him before he spoke.

"I... I have to get back, if Snape sees me coming in late again, I'll never hear the end of it."

Nodding my head, I was still a bit upset he couldn't stay, but nonetheless understanding everything.

"Can I at least walk you out?" I offered.

"Are you sure? You should probably get some rest" He asks while putting his shirt that was on the floor back on.

"I insist really"

I got up, finding the nearest clothes I could before meeting him at the door.

Before he could leave, I kissed him. My hands held his face while our lips met.

Pulling back, I looked up to find him with the biggest grin I've ever seen.

"What was that for?"

I shrugged "I don't know, I just felt like it"

He saw it. He could see it in my eyes. I didn't want him to leave. I didn't want to be even up right now. All I wanted was to go lay back down with him beside me.

"Ronnie—I promise, If I could stay I would" He reassured.

"And I promise, it's fine really. I kissed you because I wanted to alright"

He kissed my forehead before walking out. I followed him all the way to the barrels.

I could've sworn I heard faint footsteps traveling from the dormitories, but in all honesty— I wasn't completely conscious of all my surroundings.

Once we got there he turned towards me saying goodbye.

"Now please, go get some sleep, I'll see you tomorrow"

A last small kiss was shared before he walked out of the common room.

Sighing to myself in defeat, I knew I had to go back to my room alone. All my life, I never minded being alone, that was until I met Theo.

I finally learned how someone else's presence can be so impactful. Even in complete silence, just their company can make you feel a multitude of feelings. That's something I know I'll always have with him.

Those thoughts were interrupted when footsteps from the dormitories grew louder.

Whipping my head back to see the one person I never fail to run into standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Veronica? Are you okay— What are you doing up
this late?" Cedric asks with a slight smile on his face that contradicted his confused tone.

Of fucking course he just had to be down here the exact time I was. Seriously, aren't there any other prefects who could've busted me for being up past curfew?

"What are you doing out here?" Flipping the question back to him.

"If I answer, will you answer my question?

"Possibly" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, I did not want to be in this situation right now.

"Right, well I was on duty not too long ago and I could've sworn I heard voices— I honestly just felt that I had to check before bed"

He copied my motion and crossed his arms against his chest while raising an eyebrow to challenge me.

I squinted my eyes towards him accepting the challenge.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure you were just so excited to get out of bed and bust some fourth-years arse for being out— what an hour past curfew, right?"

A laugh accidentally escaped my mouth after what I said. I was definitely just teasing him.

He started to walk over to me with a smug look on his face.

"Correction, it's actually mostly fifth-years who usually sneak out" He was now completely looking down at me.

"My dearest apologies" Sarcasm seeped from my sentence.

"You know, it's a actually real coincidence to see you here" Taking this conversation into a deeper matter, which was something I wanted to avoid to get back to my dorm.

"Coincidence?— at this point I think you might be stalking me Diggory"

"Well I mean, we are in the same house. you can't ignore me forever"

I guess he was right about that, but God how I wish I could ignore him forever.

"Trust me, Cedric, if there's one thing I know, it's that you're very hard to ignore".

With the small blush creeping upon his cheeks and the smug grin he always had grown stronger, I realized how my comment must've sounded.

Trying to save myself, "Wait, that's not what I meant I-"

"I know what you meant Ronnie, good night" He stopped me before I could keep going.

This felt different though. Maybe it was the mood change, but I felt him closer and the expression on his face was more clear yet confusing at the same time.

Maybe I was looking too deep, but I could see a hint of something else in his gray icy eyes.

Sadness? Regret? Sorrow? — whatever it was made me feel a bit more compassion for him than I probably should.

Before I could analyze him anymore, he pulled back and walked back up to his own dormitory.

Standing there alone in the middle of the common room a bit conflicted on what to do next.

A huge sleepy part of me wanted to go back up to my dorm and sleep everything off to forget this all happened.

Then there's this small curious part of me that wanted to follow him and find out what his eyes were telling me.

That's when I had to remind myself who he was. And for my sanity, I had to realize everything for what it was.

The way things ended had nothing to do with me. Cedric had his own issues and he made it clear he didn't want me to be a part of them.

I cared for him, I loved him, and I tried for him. If he couldn't see that, then he only had himself to blame.

Off to bed, I go.

✧༺♥༻∞