14. Cigarettes and Strong Cologne

"But still, that unsettling feeling was left in my system that whole night..."

✧༺♥༻∞

Theodore Nott's pov:

I haven't spoken to her in weeks. I mean there's no
way I could even if I wanted to, she barely showed up for her classes, and I haven't seen her around the castle either.

I started to slide her work under her door when she would skip. When she did show up, she looked drained. Bags under her eyes screaming for sleep. She looked skinner, I can tell she hasn't been eating. It was as if she just gave up.

All I wanted to do was hold her and tell her everything was going to be alright. But I pushed her away and now I have no idea what she's going through and can't help.

I've missed her like crazy. Her scent, her laugh at my corny jokes, the way she would whisper sweet nothings into my ear, her touch. I let the best thing I've ever had go so easily.

I still always thought about her. No matter what I was doing, she was constantly on my mind. Like the other day, I had moaned her name when I was shagging Daphne Greengrass. Got myself a slap in the face for that one.

I don't know how much longer I could take this. The mark, my father, this whole fucking war. It felt impossible but with her, it was bearable. Her presence made the pain disappear but since I fucked up, she's gone now.

-

Veronica Thompson's pov:

Quiet. That's how my life has been these past few weeks. Just staying in my dorm all day, thinking to myself.

Grieving this was harder. At least the first time he ended things, I had time alone in the manor. Now it felt like I had to get over it quick. No time to process anything. All I needed was time.

I started to dread going to classes. I would have to see everybody, so I started to skip most days. Someone has been sliding the work under my door, I assumed it was Liv but she hasn't mentioned it. She comes by a few times a week trying to console me and get back to "normal" but I was just not ready yet.

Today I wanted to start getting back on my feet by having a self-care day. It was a small step but definitely an improvement.

I used everything in me to get up from my bed. I was holding myself up while my feet dangled from the side. I mentally facepalmed myself for the mess in the place.

I made my way over to my bathroom and started the shower. I undressed myself and took my hair out from the very messy bun I kept it in and stared at the mirror.

My appearance sure did reflect how horrible I've been feeling on the inside. I sighed taking one long last look before stepping in the shower.

I faced the shower and let the water fall on me. The hot water fell to my skin making me feel ten times better. I stayed like that for a minute or so until it started to steam up.

I washed my tangled hair thoroughly, not being able to remember the last time I styled it besides throwing it up out of my face. Once I finished washing my body as well, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I did my hair and skin routine, starting to feel like myself again.

I walked out only in a towel to get some clothes. I grabbed some sweatpants, panties and a big t-shirt from my trunk while I looked down at the messy piles of clothes, this place was desperate for some cleaning.

I got dressed quickly and started tidying up, going through all my clothes, separating the dirty ones for the house-elves so it'd be easier to do laundry. That was until I found a certain Slytherin jumper.

My eyebrows furrowed wondering who's it was, it was too big to be Olivia's. Then I turned it around, and there it read Nott on the back.

Theodore Nott. I haven't spoken to him for over a month now. Crazy how someone can be everything to you and in such a short amount of time, they become nothing.

I missed him. I missed that adrenaline feeling I would get around him. The thrill of being with him. But he made it clear I was just something to get off to. Honestly, we could've had it all, but we both weren't ready for that. It just wasn't meant to be.

I took the jumper from the pile and put it over what I was wearing. Still smelled like him. Cigarettes and strong cologne. A scent I could never get enough of.

I still had his ring. I never wore it out, but when I felt lonely I would wear it in the comfort of my own dorm. It was sentimental to me. That's why I didn't know if I should've given it back or not. It was the only thing I thought I had left to remember him. To know that everything was real and not just made up in my head.

-

The rest of the day I spent cleaning, my dorm was about spotless. I felt better mentally. It took a lot in me at first and it may be a small step but it was definitely in the right direction. It was the best I've felt in weeks.

I was sitting on my bed looking around the place, proud of myself for doing something productive when I decided I should go on a walk for a quick cigarette as a reward.

I put my shoes on and tied my hair in a low pony and left. I had no idea where I was going. No destination in mind. I just let my feet walk and didn't care where they took me.

I ended up somewhere outside the corridors, there was a little bench under a tree facing out to where the moon was.

I brushed the seat from all the leaves that have fallen on it and sat down. I took the cigarette out of the pack I had in my pocket , put the single one in between my lips, and lit it with my wand.

Buzzing energy filled me after my last exhale while I stared at the moon and all its glory. She was so beautiful. Full one tonight.

My father always told me crazy things happen on a full moon. I never believed him and his superficially shit, but it was fun to pretend.

I was dazed off only focusing at the sight above me when I felt a presence behind me.

I immediately turned around with my wand ready to take action, but there was no one there. Weird. Goosebumps began to lay on my body.

I thought it would be the best idea to just go back to my dorm and that it was probably just a prefect.

Walking back to my dorm, I swear to Merlins it felt as if someone was watching me. With every move I made, I could feel that creepy presence following me. I turned back multiple times making sure no one was there. And I was right, no one in sight. Not even a run in with Filch and Mrs. Norris. No ghost roaming the halls. It was just me.

I thankfully made it back safely to my dorm.

But still, that unsettling feeling was left in my system that whole night till I fell asleep.

✧༺♥༻∞