25. Keeping you safe

"No one is safe in this war Cedric"

✧༺♥༻∞

"Fuck"

A small whisper left my breath as I woke up with a pounding headache.

I look beside me and see Theo peacefully asleep.

We ended up back in his room after the party.

When I thought the day was about to take a turn for the worst, I found him and he unknowingly helped me keep my mind off what happened.

Him and the alcohol I'd assume.

I didn't tell him what Cedric had told me, but that was probably for the best.

I knew I had to go talk to Cedric today. He couldn't just drop that on me and expect everything to be fine.

Plus I could tell he wasn't sober last night. Still, though, it wasn't fair to me.

Just when I was starting to heal, he had to go open back up closed wounds.

Theo started to shift starting to wake.

God this wasn't fair to him either

I pushed those thoughts out of the way when he spoke.

"Good morning"

A soft smile appeared on his face when his eyes met mine.

I was so lucky to be able to wake up next to him and I wasn't going to jeopardize that.

"Morning" I replied.

"You ready to leave me already?" He joked.

"Never" I shook my head a faint laugh escaped me.

"Good. So what are your plans for the day?"

"Definitely try to get over this hangover. What are yours?"

"I was planning on taking you to Hogsmead for dinner. Something more intimate for your birthday, but if you'd rather stay here all day then I suppose-"

"No, I'd love to" I interrupted.

"I was hoping you'd change your mind" He pulled me in smiling into a kiss.

-

I left Theo'd dorm not long after we made plans.

I needed to clear my mind and also talk to Liv about everything. She'd always been honest in any situation I've had and would give me the best advice, which is exactly what I needed.

I knocked on the door to her dorm before heading back to my common room.

Though, instead of her answering, a tired Scarlett Meadows appeared.

"What do you want?" She asked following a small yawn on the opposite side of the door.

"Is Liv here?"

"No, she stayed with her boyfriend. Is that it?"

I think I interpreted someone's beauty sleep.

"Yeah, sorry never mind"

I started to walk away until she called back for me.