13. Stargazing

"As if my tongue wasn't down his throat less than 24 hours ago."

✧༺♥༻∞

The bright sun shined through my dorm room's window waking up my tired eyes. I shifted around my bed as I could feel my head starting to pound while I became more conscious.

Stretching my now awake body, I turned over my side and instead of meeting the icy gray eyes of my ex-boyfriend, all there was in his spot was a note.

I grabbed the piece of parchment while my eyes squinted to readjust as I read.

Veronica,

Good morning darling, I'll be gone by the time you read this, but I hope this message receives you well. I'm not sure if you remember, but I took you back to your dorm safely after the party. We didn't do anything so don't worry. I hope you have a good rest of your morning.

Love, C.D.

It was a blessing and a curse that somehow I always remembered the night before no matter how drunk I would get.

But he didn't mention anything about that in the note. He didn't mention the part of us making out after the party. If anything, he specifically made it seem like it was nothing.

But I mean, what last night had taught me was that he obviously still has feelings for me. It all made sense now. He couldn't just throw away everything we had. He was still in love with me. From the trip to Hogsmeade, what happened after the party, and all his protectiveness, it had to be love.

I had to talk to him about it of course. Maybe we can finally get back to what we once had. But Theo.

I do have real feelings for Theo but he made it clear it was all one-sided. As he said, I was just a fuck. I had to remind myself that if wanting to be back with Cedric.

I looked at the clock next to my bed and it read
12:38 pm. I slept in a lot later than usual. My body must've just needed the sleep.

I decided a nice shower would help the hangover and start my day. I was going to get my life back together. I was going to get him back. That was all I wanted for what felt like so long and I was going to take my chance.

I showered and did my everyday morning routine. I put on some natural makeup just for some confidence. My head was still pounding, but I had much more important things to worry about.

I tidied up my dorm real quick. I swear, every time I got ready it turned into a pigsty. Once I finished it was about 1:30 pm and I still haven't eaten anything all day so I decided to go down to the Great Hall for lunch.

-

I roamed the halls for most of the day. Replaying what I was going to say to him and how'd he'd respond. The anticipation turned into anxiety. I couldn't think of anything else.

I even tried to go to the library to get my mind off things, but it was no use.

Now there I was, on my way to dinner in the Great Hall. I was planning on talking to him afterwards in case he said something to me beforehand at dinner.

I was wearing black little shorts and a hoodie with my house robe over it and my hair on a loose low pony.

Once I got there, the place was already filled. Students everywhere sitting at their house tables filling the hall with chatter.

I sat at the Hufflepuff table by myself as per usual, still didn't have too many friends in my house, but I didn't mind.

Dumbledore went on about nonsense like always til it was time to eat. My eyes searched the entire table looking for a particular guy that I needed to speak to.
But he was nowhere to be found. Not even with Leo and the other quidditch guys.