7. His dorm

"But still, I'd drop all these things for Veronica Thompson."

✧༺♥༻∞

Theodore Nott's pov:

I hate her. I hate how she's the only thing on my mind. I hate how she lights up any room she's in. I hate how insanely attractive she is. I hate how I can only finish thinking about her. I hate how witty her snide comments are. I hate how crazy she drives me. I hate the butterflies I get in my stomach when I sit next to her in potions. But, I hated myself more for liking her, because I know I couldn't give her what she deserved.

I, like many other people, am crazy about Veronica. I mean who wouldn't be. She's funny, smart, hot as fuck which everyone knew. But she had a boyfriend, Cedric Diggory.

I never liked the guy, thought he was a bit of a twat, always thinking he was big shit. When I found out he dumped Veronica, I was pissed. He never deserved her.

At that party, when we were hanging out I thought,

Finally this is what I've always wanted

But the next morning, it all fell apart. I think I spent too much time pretending to hate her.

This past summer was absolute hell, with mum being gone and me becoming a death eater, I never hated my life more.

Days went painfully slow. Staying in the manor all day while my forearm was burning from the inside.
It bloody hurts every day, but that's the life I have with no choice. At least I had my mate Draco who could somewhat relate.

To cope with the pain, I started to smoke a lot. Whether it was cigarettes or a blunt, I would get high to deal with my problems.

Sometimes I'd drink, but I hate dealing with being hungover so I'd usually stick to smoking. I would also hook up with random girls. I didn't even have to like them, just something to get off with. I knew this was a fucked up thing to do, but my morals weren't known to be exactly golden.

But still, I'd drop all these things for Veronica Thompson.

I know everything kinda fell apart the morning after the party, but I wasn't going to let her go that easily.

-

Veronica Thompson's pov:

It was now Monday in potions, I realized I haven't spoken to Theo since Saturday morning.

Honestly, I kinda felt bad for doing this. It seemed like I using Theo, but in all honesty, I really did like being with him. I couldn't stop thinking about him after Friday.

I just don't want to give him false hope of an actual relationship coming out of us. I couldn't have that at the moment. But I mean, he could have regretted everything and just want to stay whatever we were before. Only one way to find out.

I walked in, sitting at my usual seat next to him. I wanted to look and feel prettier today so I wore a little bit of extra makeup and curled my hair. I also had a pep talk from Liv this morning, so I felt pretty confident.

He was already there looking down the entire time. That was until I broke the silence and spoke.

"Hey, Theo" A slight grin appeared on my face as I looked up at him from my seat.

"Hi, Thompson" He still didn't look up to me.

That's when I realized I just need to rip the band-aid off to get his attention.