6. Snogging

"I care about you more than anyone else in this world, together or not."

✧༺♥༻∞

The next day was Sunday. It was even more uneventful. All I did all day was do school work.

During these years of striving for my parent's approval, I developed a really good work ethic. I guess that's one thing positive I got out of them.

I looked at the clock in my dorm and it read 6 pm.
I decided maybe a location change could help me focus on my transfiguration work.

I put the same hoodie on as I did last night and my shoes as I made my way over to the library.

I always loved the library. All the books you can think of that are known in the wizarding world are right in front of us. A shame would be if one didn't use these for granted.

-

I walked in, the smell of parchment filled my nose. I walked over to an empty table to finish my studies.

That was until I heard two people giggling loudly to each other.

"Stop Ceddy, not here" Cho Chang giggled as Cedric had his hands all over her and vise versa.

"I promise, no ones looking" he smiled at her kissing the sides of her head.

I quickly looked away. My blood started to boil. When Cedric broke up with me he specifically said "I just don't want a relationship at the moment" But there he was, all cuddled up with Cho on a Sunday.

And I knew this wasn't just a random hook-up. He was never fond of PDA if he wasn't dating the girl. He also didn't have reoccurring hookups either. Once he was finished, he would end ties completely.

Maybe that should've been my first red flag.

I looked back up the couple one last time. I couldn't take it anymore. It felt as someone was stabbing my heart every day, the pain would fade more as the time when on, but seeing shit like this, only ruined the only slight progress I've had.

I was just going to get up and leave, maybe have a cigarette or two, until Cedric looked away from her and made eye contact with me. I could tell he saw the hurt in my eyes.

I briskly ran out of the library with my stuff. Tears started to form in my eyes, but I couldn't let anyone see me like this. I felt stupid. I was crying over some man-whore who didn't give two fucks about me.

Seriously what the hell am I doing?

That was until I felt a strong grip on my wrist pulling me back to them.

I turned around and met with icy gray ices I knew and once loved.

"What do you want Cedric?" I asked using everything in me to not cry.

"Look Veronica, about Cho-" He started to explain himself.

"You don't have to explain anything to me. We aren't together which means you can see whoever you want and I the same." I vented with an annoyed tone in my voice looking down not being able to hold eye contact.

"Of course you'd say that," his eyebrows furrowed with a casted angry face.

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?"  I was completely confused.

"You and Nott seemed a little too cozy at that party on Friday." He admitted.

I was shocked and furious. This man breaks up with me, then still acts as he owns me. Not that I am seeing Theo, but I mean, if I was, Cedric has no right to make me feel bad for it.

"That's what you're mad about? Cedric, you broke up with me. You have no right to feel entitled to decide on who I can or cannot see. Even if I was seeing Nott, it's certainly none of your concern, you made your choice, remember" I stated sternly as my voice started to rise.

I could tell he didn't like what I said. When we were together, we would usually never fight, but when we did, they were basically screaming matches. He never liked when I was in the right, just like at this moment.

"You have no idea what you're talking about. Honestly, how could you not see that I still fucking care about you?" He started to get closer to me backing me up into the hallway walls.

"You care about me? Where was that when you made me feel that I wasn't good enough for you? Where was that when you specifically said you didn't love me anymore? Where was that at when you were just snogging Cho Chang less than 15 minutes ago huh?"

Our faces were inches apart with fuming expressions.

I didn't cry. I was angry. Angry that he has the audacity to say he cares about me when these past two months showed very differently.

"It might not seem that way, but I swear to Godric, I care about you more than anyone else in this world, together or not." He said tucking a front piece of my hair behind my ear.

He looked down at my lips then back up to my eyes as he then walked away with a sad expression on his face.

I walked back to my dorm room, not knowing how to feel. He made it clear that he cared about me, but why did it feel the complete opposite? I couldn't go back to being hung up on him. For all, I know he could be snogging Cho Chang and pretending I don't exist again.

That's when an idea popped up in my head. I could start hooking up with someone else to fill this void. He got mad when he thought something was going on between Theo and I so might as well give him something to actually be mad about.

✧༺♥༻∞