3

Yeojin stood in front of the bookstore with the most dazzling smile on her face. She'd just left an interview and she was very confident about getting the job.

Although she said she wanted to stay home and work on her stories since she'd graduated high school, she figured getting a job and having at least a little bit of experience would do her well — especially since being a successful author wasn't guaranteed and anything could happen so depending on her dad full time wasn't the smartest idea.

She was now twenty years old and it was time for her to start doing things on her own.

Aside from that, the job was something she did on her time off most of the time — so why not get paid for it?

A few weeks later, she got a call that she'd gotten the job and she couldn't have been any happier.

The job she applied for was an after school caretaker. The bookstore turned into a little daycare for a few hours after school to house kids whose parents had to work later and couldn't leave them at home.

Yeojin didn't have to do much. All she was in charge of was making sure the kids had things to do and give them snacks to hold them off until they got home. Yeojin, however, decided to make them dinner everyday and take it to work because she could afford to buy the extra food and it took a load off of the parents' backs.

The parents really adored Yeojin's sweet personality. Most of the kids that attended the daycare weren't wealthy and were barely touching middle class. Yeojin was glad to help their parents save money on food so they would have extra to maybe pay a bill or buy their little one a toy.

Yeojin got off of work very late that night. After seeing the kids off around six, she decided to help the one little clerk organize books. Yeojin, who hates procrastination, decided to take over and restock the entire library — resulting in her not officially clocking out until around 12.

On her way home, she noticed a sluggish man in the middle of two women who seemed to be sweet talking him. She was about to mind her business when said man, in an all too familiar voice, spoke, "So you're telling me, I can have you both for two hundred bucks each?"

"Jungkook?" Yeojin called.

The man's head snapped up and his eyes bored into Yeojin's. He pushed the two women out of his way softly and tried to run across the street to Yeojin.

"Wait, Jungkook!" She yelled. She looked both ways before running across the street to him. "What the hell? Are you drunk?"

Jungkook nodded his head and leaned forward to rest on her shoulder, "I miss her so bad. Why'd she leave me? Huh? I know I didn't spend much time with her — but if she really loved me she would've talked to me about it." He slurred while sobbing. "I guess she lied and never really loved me."

Yeojin pried him away from her shirt that he had a strong grip on, "Goodness Kook," She groaned at his drunken state. "Where's your car?"

Jungkook reached into his pocket and pulled out his car keys before pressing the unlock button and dragging himself towards the drivers seat of his car. "I found it!"

Yeojin ran after him and pulled him towards the opposite side of the car, "You, aren't driving anywhere."

She pushed him into the passenger seat, took the keys from him, and strapped his seatbelt in for him while he sat there and stared at her. She jogged back over to the women and handed them some money so they could just go home safely, then back to the drivers side and started it before driving off.

She contemplated on taking him to her house — but she didn't want to disrespect Tina and her father by bringing a drunk man home, even if they did know him. Then she thought about taking him home — but she didn't know if he wanted her there since he'd never invited her before.