18

You know what they say, "When it rains, it pours."

That's exactly what was going on in Yeojin's life both literally and figuratively.

She sat outside on a bench, soaking wet, being pummeled by the rain. The sky was cloudy and grey, just like her heart. People ran around seeking shelter and kids ran home to get their favorite raincoat and boots to jump in the puddles.

The trees danced in the wind gracefully, colored chalk from the chaps who were inside getting dressed up were washing away — just like the color draining from Yeojin's life again.

It was raining so hard, the droplets of water felt like knives to her skin. It was no match for the pain that sat in her heart, though.

Her once honey-colored skin was pale, her eyes held no sparkle, and her lips were chapped from chewing on them roughly. Her nails were chewed down to their beds and her eyes burned from the hair product mixing with the rain and spilling down her face.

She didn't want to live anymore.

She slowly began to lose everything one day and she just wanted it to stop. She just wanted to be happy for a little while longer, but she figured she was asking for too much.

She sat on that bench wondering what she did to deserve everything she got. What she did that made her biological father leave, what she did to make her sister despise her at an early age, what she did to make the Most High take away her mother, her father, and now Jungkook.

She'd rather he died. She knew it was wrong and selfish of her to think, but it hurt for him to tell her he didn't and never loved her.

He was the only person that brought her happiness. He was the reason she broke out of her comfort zone and tried new things. He was the reason she was able to love — and he told her it was all fake.

Without Jungkook, she had no one.

She no longer had a mother, father, she never had a sister, and she didn't have any friends. He was the only thing keeping her alive.

He was the last string to her harp, and now that he was gone, she could no longer play.

He made her feel so special and one of a kind. He loved everything about her and never tried to change her which is what made her love him so much.

He was there when no one else was and he protected her when no one else would.

She hated Jeon Jungkook.

She hated that he broke her heart after promising not to.

She hated that even though he said all of those brutal things to her, chewed her up like a piece of gum, and spat her back out on the pavement to be stepped all over, she still loved him.

She loved him more than anything and she wanted him back.

She wanted to lay in his arms while he played in her hair. She wanted him to kiss her lips and tell her everything would be okay. She wanted him to tell her he loved her just one more time.

After what felt like hours, Yeojin stood from the bench and made her way home. The sound of the rain and her feet dragging against the sidewalk was the only thing audible to bystanders.

They watched as she walked by them with her head down, wet hair hanging in front of her face, and clothes sticking to her body.

Older men catcalled her, younger men trailed behind her to make sure she got home safe, few women snickered at her pitiful appearance, and young kids — some of which she knew — gave her a look of sympathy.

Anyone that crossed her path could tell she was a soulless being, living just to live. The energy that left her was negative and heartbreaking. Everyone could tell she was at her breaking point and they felt bad for her. 

When Yeojin got home, she saw Jungkook in everything.

They sat on that couch together. They cuddled on that couch, kissed on that couch, and made love on that couch.

That was his Christmas hat on her bookshelf.

Those were his slippers at the front door, his coat on the coat rack.

That was the painting he painted for her.

That was the polaroid he snuck of her while she was sleeping in his arms.

Those were the baby shoes sitting on the coffee table that he bought because he swore they wouldn't be available when they finally had kids.

That was the throw blanket they wrapped themselves in every time they were there.

That was the book he bought her because it reminded him of her.

That was the box of 100 reasons he loved her sitting on the mantle.

He lied to her more than 100 times.

She broke into tears and hid in the hallway closet. The only room that didn't remind her of Jungkook.

She sobbed into her knees wishing she never met him. Wishing she never left Australia and just started her life there.

All of a sudden, something weighed on her neck. She reached up and rubbed the locket that hung around her neck before snatching it off.

She exited the closet and left her apartment one last time.