5

Jungkook arrived at Yeojin's house on Christmas eve. Tina and Junyeon were celebrating their first Christmas together in Nigeria, Hyunmin had moved to Canada with his girlfriend just a few weeks earlier, and Jungkook's parents didn't celebrate Christmas anymore.

They decided to celebrate with one another as they'd both previously shared their love for the holiday.

Yeojin took Jungkook's coat and hung it on the coat rack before pulling him into her apartment avidly. She'd decorated her living room with lights and Christmas decor and she was so excited for him to see them.

"Is this my name?" Jungkook asked with a big smile on his face. He lifted the ornament that was on the tree and turned to her with big sparkles in his eyes.

"Yes!" Yeojin beamed. "Look, I made us matching hats too! And I have stuff to bake cookies and make hot cocoa! I also have a lot of movies to watch! Have you ever seen Home Alone? I watched it in Australia! And Look! I wrapped the gifts you got me but I swear I didn't look at them!"

Yeojin was bouncing around her apartment, showing Jungkook everything she'd planned for the two of them. He stared at her with an endearing look on his face, admiring how excited she was about everything.

"Where are your pajamas?" Yeojin asked as her smile dropped. "You're not wearing those, are you? Where's your Christmas spirit?"

"What's wrong with these?" Jungkook asked while looking down at his sweats and t-shirt.

"They're boring!" Yeojin scoffed while running to her room. She came back with a box in her hands and a mischievous smile decorating her normally angelic face. "I was prepared for this."

Yeojin shoved the box into his arms and pushed him towards the bathroom, "Hell no!" Jungkook burst through the bathroom door with pink winter pajamas. "The pink? Okay, I can live with it... but why does it say 'Babygirls first Christmas?"

"They were out of the baby boy ones, duh," Yeojin rolled her eyes before walking towards him and pushing the pink Santa hat onto his head. "Cute!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and stomped into the kitchen after her. Jungkook started making the hot chocolate while Yeojin started on the cookies. After he turned on the stove, he turned to Yeojin who was already cutting the dough with cookie cutters.

"Hey, I wanted to help!" Jungkook whined. He pushed her out of the way and cut the rest of the cookies while she tried to get her spot back. "Ha, weakling."

"Oh really? Put the cookies in the oven and meet me in the living room." Jungkook followed her orders, making sure he turned the hot chocolate down since it was ready, and when he stepped into the living room, the coffee table was pushed out of the way and she was standing in the middle of the room in a fighting position. "Come on. Winner has to pin the other down for three seconds." She motioned.

Jungkook took his hat off and tossed it on the couch before standing before her and plucking her forehead, "Are you asking to lose?"

Yeojin didn't reply. Instead, she lunged at him and knocked him to the floor. She pinned him down by his shoulders and counted to three, "Haha! I win!" She stuck her tongue out.

Jungkook stale faced her before bursting into laughter, "You do? You cheated!" He flipped them over in a single movement and straddled across her. She tried moving but he was much stronger than her. "Loser! I win!"

Yeojin refused to lose at the hands of a man who whined because he got one less chicken nugget than he ordered. She grabbed the chain that dangled in front of her face and pulled him down. He fell on top of her and she rolled them over.

She sat on his back and pulled his leg back, "Tap out."

"Never!" Jungkook groaned while trying to get back up. She pulled his leg even more and he finally succumbed to the pain. "Okay! I tap out!"

Yeojin let go and stood up, rubbing her hands together in triumph. She huffed and grabbed Jungkook's ankle. She dragged him to the kitchen, which took way longer than it should've since he was so heavy, and kicked his butt, "The cookies are ready."

Jungkook stood up and took the cookies from the oven, "Mmmm," He moaned. "These smell so delicious. What are these?"

"Those are gingerbread," She said pointing to the gingerbread men-shaped cookies. "And those are snicker-doodles because you said you really liked them."

Jungkook ignored the burning sensation that coursed through his fingers and he tossed them onto a plate, eager to start eating them. Yeojin went into the cabinet and got down two personalized mugs.

She filled them with hot chocolate and took them to the living room and placed them on the coffee table before dragging it back in front of the television. She turned on her heater that resembled a fireplace and sat down in front of the coffee table.

Jungkook came in with the plate of cookies and placed them on the table as well. He turned off the lights and took a seat beside Yeojin before grabbing the blanket from the couch behind them and wrapping the both of them in it.

Yeojin started the movie she was blabbing about all week and habitually scooted closer to him. He inattentively wrapped his arm around her shoulder and picked up a cookie to take a bite out of.

Yeojin sipped on her hot chocolate while they watched the movie and would occasionally explain things to him as he was dozing off every now and then.

Her seraphic attributes caught his eye every time he looked at her. She was undeniably gorgeous and if he could look at her all day long, he would.

Her hair was pulled back and her Christmas hat sat on top of her head, reminding him that he'd taken his off. He reached behind himself and grabbed it off of the couch, putting it back on before gazing at the effervescent woman once again.

She was as alluring as a Siren — but she didn't have to sing an enchantment to reel him in, as her beauty and idiosyncratic psyche had already done so.

Her lips curled into a smile and dulcet giggles swept through as she watched the movie intentively. He couldn't help but smile as well. She was always so bubbly and content with everything. She rarely complained and he loved that about her. She could enjoy any situation and so could he as long as she was happy.

It wasn't until then that he realized how much he appreciated someone like her entering his life. He never noticed just how dull his life was before he met her.

All he ever did was go to work, hang out with Hyunmin, and go back home. As much as he loved Hyunmin, he still felt lonely. Hyunmin didn't make him feel nearly as good as Yeojin did — and he was gone anyway.

Yeojin was amiable since the first day they met. He loved how work-driven she was and how she pushed him to do his best. He loved how she comforted him when he needed it and no matter how long they went without speaking to one another, she'd be there if he needed her.

He couldn't believe she'd never been in a relationship before. She was absolutely perfect in his eyes and he'd snag her himself if he could — but with the way his previous relationship left him and the things he had going on, not even she could tear down the walls he built.

She turned to him and caught him staring at her in pure adoration, but he didn't look away like she thought he would.

"What?" She smiled. Her soft, diaphanous voice making him swoon all over again.

"You're beautiful." He praised softly, a look of felicity and adulation adorning his features before his eyes fluttered closed and light snores replaced the sweet words that once left his mouth.

Yeojin cupped his cheek and smiled before grabbing a pillow from the couch and laying him down. When she went to get up, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her down to lay with him.

"Stay."