9

Yeojin's eyes danced around the large, fancily decorated room as soon as she and Jungkook entered. The auction was being held in one of the most expensive ballrooms around.

Everything looked far too expensive to even look at, let alone be in the presence of. Her eyes traced the golden designs that embellished the walls. A bright, crystal chandelier hung from the center of the room which caused her attention to move to the ceiling.

A beautiful hand-painted mural adorned the ceiling and it had also caught Jungkook's attention as well, "Wow, that's amazing." He gasped.

Once other attendees started to pile into the room and servers began walking around with drinks and finger foods, Jungkook and Yeojin decided to look around at the art that was being auctioned off that night, "I thought only art was being sold?" Yeojin asked while pointing at a guitar.

"That was handmade almost three hundr..." Jungkook trailed off when he saw Yeojin's head drop at the sight of Jay and his date.

Jungkook wrapped his arm around Yeojin's waist protectively when he saw Jay turn in their direction. A look of shock replaced his smile as he saw Yeojin being coddled by another guy. He handed his glass of champagne to his date and stomped towards Jungkook and Yeojin.

"Ms. Hwang?" He spoke her name through clenched teeth. "Is this guy the reason you didn't respond to my texts last night? I assumed you didn't want to go out anymore so I had to find myself a new date," He chuckled while pointing towards the brown-skinned goddess that had accompanied him.

Yeojin's eyes lingered on the woman who stood there looking graceful without even trying. She definitely lit up the room — ignoring every Asian beauty standard and showing up with her coily hair hanging loosely on her shoulders. She was the moment and Yeojin wanted to befriend the girl just so she could have an excuse to look at her longer.

She couldn't blame Jay, because if she was faced with a woman as breathtaking as her, she'd choose her too.

"I saw you with another woman last night so I didn't bother to open your messages." Yeojin mumbled without looking away from the girl.

It was, however, painfully obvious that the woman he showed up with was not the woman he was out with the night before.

Jay's eyes widened in realization that he had in fact seen her at the boutique the night before. He thought his mind was playing tricks on him as he was too engrossed in nibbling his lass's ear and whispering sweet nothings to her.

"Well, I-"

"It's fine, Mr. Park. I'll be right back."

Yeojin would be damned if she let Jay mess over that gorgeous woman.

Yeojin left Jay behind with Jungkook and made her way to Jay's date, "Hi, I'm sorry but I really had to let you know that you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

The woman blushed and smiled at Yeojin, "Thank you! You're beautiful as well! My name's Leslie, by the way."

"I'm Yeojin!"

Yeojin and Leslie both ended up ditching their dates and talking to each other for a few hours. Yeojin made sure to inform Leslie of Jay's player ways and was rewarded with multiple "thank you"'s.

The entire time she was gone, Jay did nothing but talk to Jungkook like they were buddies. Jungkook eventually tuned him out and paid attention to Yeojin who looked to be having fun with her new friend looking at artwork.

The way her eyes turned into little crescent moons when she laughed made Jungkook smile to himself. He could hear her melodious laugh from across the room and he wished to be the one who was making her laugh.