Epilogue

Their love was like a moth drawn to a flame. Each of them a moth in their story, the latter the flame.

They were drawn to each other, madly in love, and hopelessly stupid.

The flame slowly began to burn out, leaving the moth to flutter around in the dark sky of nothingness.

Plummeting into a euphoric abyss of love was the most heavenly feeling for them — being ripped out was infernal.

Neither wanted to leave the other and made foolish decisions because of it — only to end up losing each other anyway.

One, pushing away his Belle to save her from the traumatic experience of losing him while still in love.

The other, seeing through her Beau's act and trying to end her own life to be with him once his time came.

Both not being able to see each other in the end, as the lass found out she was bearing the lad's child.

If only they'd waited a little while longer, they would have found out that the illness was curable and they could've had each other for a little longer.

A broken-hearted mama and an innocent bairn, alone in the real world without the love of a husband and father to comfort them.

A lost soul, navigating the afterlife with regret in his heart for making the choices he did — being the cause of his own dreadful fate.

The immutable young man watching in agony as his honey struggled to raise their daughter alone and never get the family she dreamt of.

The love that was once as gentle and delightful as the tune of a bow-shaped harp, turned into the piercing pain of an arrow through the heart.

Love is calamitous.