20

Yeojin cried into Mr. and Mrs. Jeon's arms as the casket was being lowered. She still felt bad when she was around them, but they were adamant about it not being her fault.

They knew she had no one else so they took her under their wings. She was hurting just as much as they were, if not more, for one big reason they weren't sure she was aware of yet.

After everyone left, Yeojin and the Jeon's stayed at the cemetery for a few hours talking to Jungkook. The number of times Yeojin apologized to Jungkook was heart-wrenching.

She still blamed herself.

After talking to him with his parents, they left her to talk to him alone.

"Jungkookie," Her voice cracked. "I'm so sorry. I love you so much. All you wanted to do was protect me from feeling this way and I was too selfish to see that. This is all my fault and I'm sorry. I'm going to live for you. I'm going to stay here in misery because I don't deserve happiness anymore. You deserve happiness. You deserved to live and it's my fault you didn't. I hope you're happy up there. I hope you're finally free and not worrying about me. I'll be fine as long as I know you are, Jungkookie. I love you. Do you hear me? I love you and I'll never love anyone else! Jungkook, come back."

Jungkook's parents had to get Yeojin. She was going haywire again and they couldn't stand to see it. It hurt too much.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry! Please come back! Tell me it's a joke! Tell me you're just trying to get back at me for being a terrible girlfriend!"

"He's gone, sweetheart." Mrs. Jeon cried. 

Yeojin fell into her arms and bawled her eyes out, "I'm sorry for taking away your baby! It's all my fault! We were supposed to get married! He said we'd have kids and start a family. We were supposed to be together forever! I'm so sorry Ms. Jeon! Just tell him to come back! He's gonna come back, I know it! He promised not to leave me! He has to come back, right?"

Mrs. Jeon shook her head and held onto Yeojin, "He's gone."

A week after burying her soulmate, Yeojin — with the help of the Jeon's — moved into Jungkook's house

She didn't want to move in there at first, then she found out he'd left it for her because he wanted her to live there. He wanted her to have everything he could give her.

Upon entering, a beautiful wooden and golden harp sat in the middle of the living room. Yeojin gasped and ran towards it. She smiled as she traced the floral design, letting her tears hit the floor.

She saw both her and Jungkook's names engraved at the base of the harp with two doves and a heart. She smiled and bent down to trace it. She could tell it was his handwriting. He engraved it himself.

An envelope sat on the coffee table beside the harp. Yeojin took a deep breath before tearing it open and reading it.

If you get this, I'm probably no longer with you, but I was able to save you and that's all that matters to me. You're all that matters to me.

Yeojin, please live for me. Please don't try to take your life. I know things might seem hard right now, but I'm with you. I'm watching over you and I'll never let anything hurt you.

I'm trying to write this quickly so I can try get to you before it's too late. The weather's bad and there's been so many accidents, but when I leave I have to speed. I have to get there as fast as possible, so if that risks an accident, I'll take it. If I don't make it, please know it's not your fault. I was going to die anyway, so please don't blame yourself. I'd rather die from saving you than die from anything else.

I love you more than I love myself. I'm sorry for what I did to you. I'm sorry for lying. I thought I was fixing things or at least making them easier but I realized that wasn't the case far too late.

I'm sorry we never got to get married. I'm so sorry, baby.

No matter what, you're still my heart. You're still my everything and you're still the reason I was happy while I was here.

Yeojin, you're still my wife no matter what. In death and in life, I'm yours and you're mine.

Since I won't be with you anymore, I want you to read this every day because I can't tell you.

You're beautiful.

You're worthy.

You're creative.

You're one of a kind.

You're special.

You're the love of my life.

You're the flower in my meadow.

You're the beat to my heart.

You're the tune to my harp.

You're my love. My dove of peace.

You're perfect.

Love, Your Jungkookie <3

P.S. "With this ring, I thee wed, and with it, I bestow upon thee all the treasures of my mind, heart, and hands."

Yeojin opened the envelope more to see a diamond ring and a necklace.

It was a simple diamond engagement ring. She slipped it on her finger and wiggled them with a smile on her face.

She held up the necklace. A necklace of two doves carrying a heart. She chuckled to herself, "My semiotics obsessed boyfriend."

The End