6

"Hey, Kook! I haven't seen you since Christmas," Yeojin said while pulling Jungkook into a hug. "Where've you been? Occasional phone calls can only do so much," She joked.

"I go a little sick around New Years and had to stay in the hospital for a few months," He chuckled. "I wanted to tell you but I didn't want you to worry."

"Really? What happened?"

"They think something poisonous bit me in my sleep. They had to keep me there for a while to run tests. Maybe a spider of some sort," He explained. "Anyway, I came to drive you home since I've missed you."

"Well, I'm glad you're okay. And you're right on time. I just clocked out," Yeojin grabbed her coat and tote bag before stepping out into the late February air with Jungkook by her side. "Oh! Guess what!"

"What?"

"I finally finished my book! I'm in the process of getting it published now," Yeojin squealed. "I owe it all to you and your big brain! If you hadn't given me love advice, I wouldn't have finished it!"

"That's awesome!" Jungkook yelled while holding his hand up for a high five. Yeojin slapped their hands together and smiled. "You're gonna be a bestselling author give or take a few years."

They got into his car that was parked down the street and sat there for a minute while the car heated up, "Let's go do something." Yeojin suggested.

"Like what?"

"I don't know," She shrugged. "It's Friday and I'd rather go out than sit in the house."

"Have you ever been to a club?" Jungkook asked.

"Nope," She shook her head vigorously. "I've never had alcohol before either. I was too young in Australia and never had the time here."

"Well, today's your lucky day," Jungkook said while turning off the car and getting out. "There's one right across the street."

Yeojin hopped out of the car and followed him across the street. After showing their IDs, they went inside, "Wow, it's packed."

"Yea, it is. Stay by me, okay? Don't run off with some random guy," Yeojin nodded and walked behind him to the bar. He ordered her four shots, "I'd drink with you but I have to drive."

Yeojin sucked air between her teeth and quickly gulped down her first shot, "Oh, it's not as bad as I thought." She grimaced.

"It tastes way better than vodka, in my opinion," Yeojin threw back the last three shots and earned a tap on the thigh from Jungkook. "Slow down, will you." He laughed.

"Should I go dance?"

"Yea, don't go too far. I'll keep an eye on you from here. If you feel uncomfortable signal to me with your eyes or something."

Jungkook watched as Yeojin slipped off her coat and pushed it into his arms. What caught him off guard was when she pulled her dress off too and was left in stockings and a satin slip. His eyes widened and she laughed, "I felt a bit overdressed."

She pulled the claw clip from her hair and ran off to the dance floor, leaving him with his jaw on the floor. He looked away for a second, hoping she couldn't tell the lewd things he was imagining.

When he turned back to the dance floor, she was just standing there. She started to dance awkwardly, earning a laugh from Jungkook.

He saw a man approach her and ask her if she wanted him to help her be "one with the music". She looked at Jungkook and saw him nod to take the offer as the man flirted with her.