11

Yeojin and Jungkook walked into the orchard hand in hand. A week after confessing to one another, they promised to spend as much time together as they could until Jungkook heard from the overseas doctors that he'd sent his files to.

Even though Yeojin always carried a bright smile with her wherever she went, Jungkook could tell she was scared of losing him and it hurt him deeply.

"Woah, look how nice those pears look!" Yeojin yelled. The dark brown crystals also known as her eyes doubled in size and glistened in the sunlight.

While dragging Jungkook with her to the pear trees, Yeojin turned to him and smiled widely, "I want that one!" She pointed.

Catching her by surprise, Jungkook lifted her and placed her on his shoulders. She gasped while holding onto his hair to keep herself steady. After balancing herself, she reached into the tree and picked the best-looking pears.

Jungkook lowered her and watched her as she placed the fruits into the wagon she insisted on getting instead of a basket. She skipped along to the apple trees and grabbed the reddest apples she could spot.

Jungkook watched in awe as the woman he was able to call his girlfriend ran around picking fruits. She walked over to a hose and rinsed off the fruits before coming over to Jungkook and holding a pear in front of his mouth.

Jungkook took a bite and she followed suit, "It's so juicy!" Jungkook said while crunching on the yummy, sweet fruit.

"Look at how nice these apples look! I can make an amazing apple pie with these."

"Let's make one together." Jungkook smiled.

His beloved sweetheart nodded and continued munching on the pear while she walked away from him. He followed her through a little passageway until they reached a field.

The setting sun shone on the perfectly green grass, feeding the bright, beautiful flowers and offering warmth to the little insects that crawled around. Dragonflies were dancing around the sky to the joyous songs of the birds and fireflies began to come out — preparing to light up the night sky.

Jungkook gaped at the aesthetically pleasing meadow that he didn't even know existed. Yeojin bent into the cart and pulled out a floral blanket.

She laid it on the ground and sat crisscrossed. She took the basket she had in the cart and placed it on the blanket in front of her. Jungkook watched as she pulled out sandwiches and soft drinks.

She also pulled out a board and laid various cheeses out on it with selections of meats, crackers, and spreads.

"What's this?" He smiled while taking a seat next to his lady.

"It's a charcuterie board! You love cheese so I thought you'd love this!"

"I do, it looks delicious," Yeojin grabbed a few fruits and sliced them while Jungkook watched her, appreciating every little thing she did. "Thank you, beautiful. I love you."

"I love you too." Yeojin grinned gaily and leaned forward to kiss her inamorato's cheek. He turned his head when she got closer and connected their lips.

She smiled against his lips and he took the opportunity to deepen the kiss. His lips moved against hers blithely and he could feel each individual butterfly begin to flutter around in his stomach.

He could never get enough of the sweet taste of her lips. She always tasted like the papaya chapstick she wore and it drove him crazy just like every little detail about her.

The kiss was so magical and loving. Yeojin felt as if the world stopped turning. Jungkook pulled the damsel into his lap and savored her delightful taste.

He rested one hand on her cheek and the other snaked around her waist, holding her tightly and never wanting to let go.

The kiss was so charged with emotion, they forgot all about the food and focused on each other only. The way they felt safe in each other's hold and how they fit together so perfectly, it was as if the Most High created them just for one another.

The harmonious sound of the wildlife made them feel even more at peace. They loved each other so much. 

They pulled away from the kiss and pressed their foreheads together while staring into each other's eyes dotingly. Jungkook rubbed their noses together delicately before running his hand through her hair and pecking her lips once more.

"I adore you." He whispered.

She was a pearl that he promised to treasure for the rest of his life, whether it be long or short.

She was the crayon that colored his world when it faded to grey.

She was the star that lit up his sky when everything was dark.

He was crazy about her and he would shout it out for the world to hear if he had to. She was by far the best thing that ever happened to him, and if he didn't have a reason to take his health seriously before, he definitely did now.

He wanted to live for her. He wanted to marry her, to give her his last name and start a family with her. He wanted to protect her from any and everything that ever threatened to harm her.

He wanted to support her dream of becoming a writer and help her reach her goal of becoming a well-known author.

He wanted to design jewelry just for her so other women could covetously wish it was theirs and other men could be upset that they couldn't ever get one for the women they loved.

He wanted to stay with her forever and show the world the pulchritudinous woman he had the glory of calling his.

He didn't want to leave her so soon — so if he had to spend millions of dollars and lose every penny he had just for a few more years with her, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

She was his purpose, his reason.

She smiled more with him than she had with anyone else.

He gave her the feeling of love that she'd always yearned for — and it felt way more intoxicating than she'd ever dreamt.

He was the lighthouse that lit the way when she was lost.

He was the rainbow that followed the storm, giving her a feeling of nothing but peace and serenity.

He was the knight in shining armor that the Most High had sent down just for her.

She wanted to explore herself with him. She wanted to give him all of her firsts and lasts.

She wanted to hold him and kiss him. To care for him when he was sick and support any whimsical decision he made.

She wanted to celebrate holidays and anniversaries with him. She wanted to start traditions with him and make memories with him to reflect on.

She wanted to bear his children and live a long life with him — so if she had to give her all for him to get better, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

He was her purpose, her reason.