chapter 15 - meet me in the middle of midnight

[a/n : thank you for reading.]

Nini walked out of her office to find the brown-eyed boy waiting for her in the lobby. Ricky was all smiles, donned in his signature denim jacket and hoodie, and she could see from the mischievous glint in his eyes that he was up to something. He had been surprising her a lot lately, and she can't say that she didn't enjoy it.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your company, Mr Bowen?" Nini asked teasingly. 

"Well. I have a few more surprises for you before I leave." Ricky said smiling. 

Nini's face dropped slightly, remembering that he was leaving tomorrow. But she pushed the thought out of her mind, wanting to enjoy what little time they had left. Ricky waved two pieces of paper in her face, and she grabbed it unsurely. 

Nini's eyes widened as she realized what they were. They were concert tickets to see the 1975 in concert tonight, and she had been trying to get these tickets for months. She'd even waited for them to go on sale the first day, and got nothing to show for her efforts. Ricky somehow got these tickets and they're not even nosebleed seats, these were legit.

"No. Way." Nini said instinctively patting Ricky's sides to make sure. "How many kidneys did you sell to get these?!" 

"No kidneys." Ricky said smugly, "I just know people who know other people." 

"There's no way. Kourtney is going to freak when I tell her!" Nini said excitedly, texting her best friend. "Seriously though, how did you get these?"

"The other day, I saw this gamer on youtube giving away these tickets if you won his competition." Ricky explained, grabbing her hand and pulling her to walk with him. "I was going to give them to you as a surprise last week, but then the whole misunderstanding with EJ thing happened.."

"Wait." Nini stopped in her tracks, "You just won ?" 

Something was fishy. Sure, Ricky was good at video games, he played a lot of video games. But he wasn't that good. She was pretty sure he couldn't win against professional gamers, no offense.

"Yep. 'cause I'm amazing. Did it all by myself. Just for you.." Ricky smiled, clearly proud of himself. 

Nini put a finger on her chin, she knew exactly how he got them, and chuckled. 

"You paid Big Red to play and win the competition for you didn't you?" 

Ricky rolled his eyes. He hated that Nini knew him so well and caught his act. He put his hands up in an act of surrender. "Alright smarty pants you got me." He took the tickets out of her hands. "But since you don't appreciate this gesture, maybe I'll just take these back." 

"Noooo don't do that. I appreciate Big Red's efforts." Nini gave him her best pout, when it didn't work she tried to butter him up, "Also, you're the bestesttt for surprising me with the concert." 

Ricky feigned nonchalance and lifted his chin up in the air. "Prove it." 

Nini raised her eyebrows. Ricky said nothing but turned his face so his cheek was in the right angle for her lips. Nini willingly got on to her tippy toes and pecked his soft cheek, and then when he turned towards her kissed him fully on the lips. 

Ricky pulled her to his side as they walked together towards the subway.

"Come on you dork, we don't wanna be late." Ricky said.
______ 

The concert was incredible to say the least. The band sounded incredible, and Ricky was enjoying the concert more than he thought he would. Mostly because a certain brown-eyed girl had been in his arms all night, and the shape bodies just fit perfectly with one another. The frontman of the band instructed the audience to pull up their phones and turn on their flashes for the next song. In no time, the lights dimmed, and the music hall was lit up by everyone's phones. They started playing I Couldn't be More in Love, and Ricky couldn't help but relate a little to the lyrics. He looked at the girl beside him to find that she was already looking at him, beaming at him, he felt like his heart was about to explode. Ricky probably blacked out for a second, because suddenly her hands are in his hair, and his lips on hers. They probably made out for the entire song. Ricky decided that it was the best concert ever.