epilogue

"Knock-knock!"

The familiar voice made Nini skip all the way to the front door to welcome her best friends.

As soon as she opened the door she was bombarded by hugs and kisses from Red, Ashlyn and even the twins.

"Hi, Neens! You look amazing. You're practically glowing."

"Thanks Ash! You look gorgeous as always. Such a fashion icon!"

"And whatabout me ?" Red asked.

"You're fine."

"I missed you guys so much! I'm so glad you're gonna spend the twins birthday weekend here..." Nini said ushering her friends into their living room. "Can't believe they've been with us for a whole year!"

"Yeah... me too." Ashlyn said. "I get emotional every time I see them wobble around .. soon they'll be running, and it's just all happening too quickly."

Red and Nini hugged her from both sides comfortingly as they watch the twins take over the living room.

"GROUP HUG!" Suddenly a pair of sweaty arms encircled them from behind.

Evidently Nini's hunk of a husband had just returned from his daily run around the block.

"Ugh." Red slipped out. "Don't ruin the moment, bro."

"Love you, Rick, but you're sweaty as hell." Ashlyn said moving away.

"Yeah. Get off." Nini said.

"What?! No love for Big R?"

"I told you don't call yourself that, dork."  Nini said kissing his sweaty cheek. "Please go take a shower, we've got things to do, places to be..."

"If you insist..." Ricky said walking lazily towards their bedroom.

"I live with a child." Nini said.

"Wait till you and Ricky have your own kids..." Ashlyn said. "I have three kids if I count Red in."

They both laughed as they watch Red play with the twins.

The rest of the day was spent taking the twins around the city. First stop was the big Lego store on Fifth Avenue - but Nini and Ashlyn agreed that it was mostly their husbands who had fun. Then the ladies went shopping for the twins birthday party, while the boys took a stroll around Central Park. Red insisted on making dinner, so they went home for a nice Italian meal.

Nini and Ricky were grateful for the company, they'd missed their best friends and wished Red and Ashlyn would move here already. But they knew Red couldn't leave the pizza place behind. So they'll take the occasional visit.
___________

For the twins birthday, Red and Ash couldn't agree on the theme, the twins are one so they can't really decide yet. But Red insists that Fred and George would love a Dinosaur party, while Ashlyn believes that a Robot party would be better. They'd tried to rope Nini and Ricky into the whole thing, but they knew better than to get involved. In the end, it became a dinosaur-robot party.

All their friends came bearing gifts for the twins. Although Red and Ash have only known them for a while, they all fit in really well. After the twins blew out their candles, had their lunch, ran around the living room, and watched a movie, they were finally worn out (and so were the adults).

Fred had fallen asleep on EJ's lap, while George dozed off in Ricky arms. Nini smiled looking at her husband who was trying hard to stay awake himself, he would make such a great dad.

Gina leaned on her shoulder, "They're cute aren't they."

"Yeah. They are." Nini said. "You and Elton seem to be closer then ever, G.. Should I be expecting an invitation soon?"