V1E7

Volume 1 Episode 7

* * *

Barely shaking off the arms that were holding her and waving a hand against his which was trying to hold her, she looked up with a dissatisfied expression on her face.

"We're the same age."

It was proved by their tie and ribbon of the same color. It was the same red color, meaning that they were both in 3rd grade. Gid had a sad expression on his face as if he was arguing about what she said.

"Ari, it's because I think you are cute like my little sister, how can you treat my heart so hard..."

Originally, if it was Arietta, she would always fall for his crying act every time, and immediately apologize. 'I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, so don't cry, of course I knew that.' But when she saw Gid that was tearing up in front of her eyes, her stomach was twisted.

Why was she so unlucky? Where is the fraud in that? Maybe it's because his performance was more perfect than she had imagined.

"Did you? Oppa, I didn't know that. Waah~"

If it's a crying act, she could do it too!

There was a heartbreaking story behind her cries for the past week, but she decided to ignore it.

Gid, as if for a moment startled by her pretending to cry, made a puzzled expression, then hardened his face.

"Who are you?"

A cold voice that could not be thought of as Gid resounded sharply. She was also surprised by his sudden change of attitude.

"You're not Arietta, are you?"

Gid's voice was too sharp and harsh. She stopped pretending to cry, as she heard a question that stabbed her in the face.

Anyway, it's useless to be sensible. She didn't call him a wild man just for a nickname.

"Yes, I'm not."

Without a single expression on her face, she agreed to Gid's question.

That's the truth.

On the contrary, Gid was surprised by her answer. He's pretending he doesn't, but he's probably not sure. Just by looking at his face, everything comes out. Of course, there was no change in Gid's expression. But it must be because she had made this guy, so she knew him too well.

A sharp gaze ran across his face, trying to figure out if she was lying or not. Perhaps he was estimating her. She felt like sighing a little bit. She doesn't like it when things get messed up.

"If it was my Arietta, she wouldn't say that to me."

What does he want her to do, apologize? She had that thought for a moment, but she erased it soon. No, then it would have been as if she had publicly acknowledged that she wasn't Arietta. If she was the real Arietta, she wouldn't be in a situation like this. After a brief moment of contemplation, she decided to be brazen.

Okay, I'm Arietta now, what are you going to do?!

"I've just decided to change."

After being frustrated for a week by a reality that could only appear in a movie, after looking at it and thinking about it, she couldn't become like Arietta.

That's something she can't help unless she becomes a god of acting. It was impossible for her to act like Arietta unless she became Arietta herself.

Well, if she only tried, maybe she wouldn't be hopeless. But until when? She couldn't act as Arietta until she died. Living her precious time like someone else's copycat. She couldn't do that. Besides, she couldn't live up to Arietta's personality with her emotional temperament.