V1E11

Volume 1 Episode 11

* * *

...What's wrong with these guys? Of course, the sight of two handsome men tilting their heads was not enough to warm her heart. She won't feel warm for a long time because of the reality that will strike her in 3 seconds.

"Because you're here."

"Eh?"

Originally, her plan would be to scour every possible place Kaya might go, but as long as Gid was by her side, she didn't have to do that. Gid didn't seem to understand what she was talking about, but she smiled anyway and omitted his next word.

Even after seeing what he was doing earlier, she didn't even have the slightest desire to explain it kindly.

It was really just because Gid was a ferocious man with a gut feeling.

Honestly, everyone thinks she has changed. However, no one had ever asked her with such conviction as Gid did, just by thinking that she has changed. Maybe, they're just trying to fit in.

But Gid was different. The first time they met, he knew right away that she wasn't really Arietta. They had just an exchange of a few words of conversation, and with that, he sensed it.

"Don't you think the weather is nice today?"

She looked back at Jerdine and asked.

Jerdine had a puzzled look on his face as he didn't know that an arrow would suddenly turn to him. Gid looked at her with a skeptical expression to see if something she was interested in was revealed on her face, but she just stuck her tongue out at him.

But it's not easy to see Jerdine's bewildered face.

"Yes... Lady Arietta."

He gave a simple answer, but he looked like he was going to die.

You're still bad at dealing with women, dude.

She didn't mind it though because she already knew it, so she just smiled softly.

On the subject of the Hell's Dogs, Jerdine was especially weak in front of women. It wasn't because women were his weakness nor because he liked them, but it was for a slightly different reason. Perhaps because of the environment he grew up in, where he has only brothers and without a sister nor a mother, he didn't get to know women well in the first place, and so his personality became like that.

As this was repeated over and over again, Jerdine became disgusted with dealing with women at all. The fact that women themselves are annoying and hateful.

"Uhm..."

After all, if he said something more than that, the other woman might cry and he will only get annoyed. It was because of his straightforward personality that he couldn't control. Jerdine was the kind of person who shows the emotions he feels and says it with his mouth.

Besides, his tone is cruel and dry, while his logic is perfect. Tsk, it would be more weird if a woman won't cry because of that.

"Looking at your expression, you don't seem to think the weather is very good, do you?"

"......"

Even though she knew she shouldn't do that, she made a mischievous expression without realizing it because of the middle school student inside of her, who slowly emerged. Jerdine broke out in a cold sweat at her smile. She gladly enjoyed it. Seeing Jerdine's expression like this is not common.

"No, I think it's good."

Looking at Jerdine's troubled face, she swallowed the laughter that was about to burst out.