V1E17

Volume 1 Episode 17

* * *

Surprised by her momentum, or for some reason, Gid clung to Jerdine, pretending to be hurt again and crying. It was truly a performance that she will never get tired of looking at. Ah. She had thought about it before, but the guy should have been born on Earth and be an actor. Or become a football player. He was a guy who wouldn't take Hollywood action every time on the ground.

"Jerdine, somehow it seems that our Ari is only tough on me. She's so cold!"

"Go away, please."

Jerdine was so lazy that he didn't even push the clinging Gid. That's how much he was so used to it. The other students had already been fooled by that great performance and looked at what was going on, but she and Jerdine were calmly choosing on the menu. Eventually, Gid stopped pretending to cry.

"It's not funny."

Gid opened his mouth. The sullen look gave her a smack in the mouth and made a gesture for him to go. Gid murmured something and got irritated. She then made a pretty smile that she was most confident about.

"Arietta wants to eat the dessert that Gid Oppa offers!"

"Oh, really?! Wait! I'll get it right away!"

Watching Gid disappear so quickly, she held back the laughter that was about to burst out. Ugh, what an easy-to-know guy. That guy is pretty simple, too. Still, thinking that was an advantage, she raised up her arms and stretched them out.

Ugh, my body was as stiff as a plank of wood.

Oh, but what has she been thinking about before? She quickly forgot. Anyway, even if she thinks about it, there is no answer...

"Are you worried about something?"

She was looking at the sculptures of the Imperial Palace painted on the ceiling of the Cafeteria, then looked in front of her. For some reason, Jerdine was talking to her first. What's going on? Is Jerdine sick? He's not this sociable.

As she looked back carefully at the signs of disaster this morning, starting from the sunrise in the west, she put on a surprised face.

Oh my gosh! It's not even a sign that the Earth will be destroyed, but Jerdine is talking to me! What the hell is this?

She hasn't met him often in the past week, but every time they meet, she would often be the one who'll greet him first. She was deeply moved.

Has our Jerdine changed?

"Um, you can tell?"

"Are you having a serious problem?"

Jerdine's expression was cautious. He seemed kind of nervous.

Perhaps he is choosing words so that he does not make a mistake. She thinks Jerdine was a little cute because of his obvious nervous mind. As she smiled, she wondered if Jerdine was relieved since he spoke a little more.

"If you don't mind, may I ask what it is?"

Hmm.

She narrowed her eyes. Jerdine's indigo blue eyes looked at her with a mysterious light. Her problem was something that someone can't solve. Regardless, she decided to enjoy this reality a little more.

Yes, you only live once! You have to do everything you want to do while you are alive, eat everything you want to eat and enjoy life!

Oh wait, is she living twice then?