chapter 20: 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

y/n's p.o.v.

  ↳'𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘. already monday. i am definitely not ready..ugh.'

i thought as i stared at myself in the mirror.

two days of relaxing were great for me but not enough. after what happened i don't think i will ever be able to mentally recover from it.
i sighed again and looked at the clock. my time was passing quickly just by staring at my reflection. i know if i don't start getting ready i will be late.
i lazily picked up my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth. my hand movements were slow.

"at this point i don't know if i'm so scared to go back or i'm just lazy..hm maybe both." -i quietly mumbled to my chin

i determinedly shook my head and started going full speed once i realized i have only 10 minutes left to do everything i have to.

ten minutes later i couldn't find my house keys. i started panicking and just then i remembered i threw them two days ago somewhere in the house.
i wined in annoyance of my stupid past self and started searching for the keys.
once i lost all hope of finding them, i saw something shiny under the table. i quickly crawled to it and,

"YES! I DID IT!" -i exclaimed as i picked up the keys and hurriedly left the house.

'oh god..it's been already sixteen minutes..taro is probably boiling by now!' -i thought whole running down the street

narrator's p.o.v.

taro was for the first time patiently waiting for y/n, at the end of the street. he was scrolling through the internet while humming one of the beethoven's songs.

not long after he came, he heard loud and quick footsteps approaching him. he immediately knew who it was.

y/n stopped right in front of him, leaning on her knees for support and she was out of breath. her cheeks rosy looking up at him. taro let a laugh at y/n.

"pfft- you didn't have to run! it's fine, wouldn't be mad" -taro said between chuckling
"what?! who are you? and what did you do to taro!?" -y/n immediately stood up and put her hands on his shoulders shaking him without mercy
"woah! hey! let me go you lunatic!" - taro complained and just then he pushed her off a little
"then explain yourself. you always get mad when i'm late!" -y/n protested
"well i realized i am late sometimes too and on top of that you had a rough week so i won't push you around."
"oh" -was all that left y/n's mouth
"did i say something wrong?"
"nono! it's just..i have to tell you what happened but! you have to keep it a secret."
"hm..alright. it seems something more serious this time." - taro nodded and they slowly started walking to their school

it took a while for y/n to speak up about the problem. taro had a really tough time getting every answer out of her, but eventually she relaxed and started talking on her own. she was stuttering mess but also a tear or two escaped her already red eyes.

❴ ✟ ❵

"and um..yeah i got home and needed some time for myself.." -she ended it there
taro remained silent for few long seconds. he was staring at the ground. not knowing what are the right words to describes how he feels.
"i..y/n.." -he slowly spoke, his eyes focused on his feet. he felt extremely sorry for his friend, but he didn't know what to say.
"i'm..seriously shocked. i don't understand..why would someone do such a thing. i'm-i'm sorry..this must me hard for you. and i'm so sorry i wasn't there.. i can't imagine how you feel." -he finally looked up and carefully approached already terrified y/n.
she wiped her e/c eyes with her gentle fingers and looked at taro.
"do you want a hug..?" -black haired boy asked
y/n just nodded in response, trying to hold in her heavy tears.
taro didn't wait another second, he hugged her and pat her shoulder. hoping that she will feel better from this. yamada slowly backed away still holding y/n, determined look on his face.
"i promise you, y/n, you won't be alone anymore. i will go everywhere with you and make sure you are alright. i couldn't help you back then but now i will!" -he said with a soft smile on his face
y/n immediately smiled and relaxed every muscle in her body. she trusted taro, with her whole life.