*:・゚𝟬𝟴 ༉‧₊❒┊ 𝗠𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗪𝗶𝗱𝗼𝘄 ☰

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

Blinking fluorescent lights, the smell of alcohol in the air, loud music thumping in the distance— Yelena took in her surroundings as she strode down the long hallway.

She had wanted to meet up with her fellow widow— Liana Avery— and hand her the details of the target that Valentina had told to pass on.

The last thing Yelena had expected was to turn over a familiar face as a target to her co-worker, yet here she was, knocking on Liana's door to inform her about her next assignment.

The door opened to reveal Liana seated on a rolling chair behind a desk, while one of her guards stood at the door.

"Yelena!" Liana faked a cheery expression, before deadpanning, "What the hell do you want?"

"Always a pleasure to see, you too, Liana," the blonde held up a file, "Got you your next assignment,"

"No!" Liana groaned out loud, leaning back on her chair and it bounced lightly, "I'm still on my vacation,"

"Yeah, yeah," Yelena stepped into the room, towards the table, "I know," she slid the file on the table towards her, "Valentina asked me to pass it on," she pulled out a phone from the pocket of her coat, "Along with this," she passed it on too.

"Her name's Y/N L/N," Yelena took a deep breath, and sauntered over to the table in the corner of the room, looking for a bottle of tequila, grabbing it quickly when she noticed.

Liana glanced up at her, before picking up the phone, "Why her, and why me?"

"She hunted down your fellow members. And also," she took a swing from the bottle, clicking her tongue at the burning sensation, "Your father,"

At this, Liana's expression hardened and she played the video on the phone, watching it closely with scrunched eyebrows:

"Why are you doing this? What do you get from this?" Avery questioned in Russian.

"You are HYDRA," the figure replied in the same language.

"Was," Avery corrected, "Not anymore."

The figure spun a dagger between its fingers, "What is a servant without its master? A helpless stray."

Avery let out an angered growl at this statement and lunged forward. He pulled his fist back to throw a punch, but the figure caught it and twisted his hand behind his back. Avery grunted when he was kicked forward onto a table.

"You're hurting people," the person stated.

"The irony," Avery drawled with an unbelievable grin. He swiped his leg under the person's legs, but he was able to avoid it with a quick step back. He caught the side of the mask and tugged at it, sending a hard blow to the face in the process.

The mask slipped off to reveal your face; jaws clenched with an emotionless scowl.

"Ah," Avery let out a sound of recognition, "Strucker's prize pupil. #1"

"I don't go by that name," you stated, eyes devoid of any emotion.

"I don't have to hold back now," Avery pounded his fists together, summoning orange shields in each of them, and held a stance.

"Oh, that makes things a lot easier," You waved your hands at your sides in a graceful movement, causing green mists to grow in them.

You blocked every blow from the sorcerer in front of you quite easily. Making the energy balls grow between your palms, you sent one at him, making him stagger to his place and hit the chair behind him.

Avery stretched his hands and shot out an orange whip at you. It curled around your wrist and tugged you forward. You pressed your foot against his body and did a full-body throw.

The man yelped when his back hit the edge of the table. He caught either side of your hand and pinned you to the ground; the orange whip wrapping around you at once.

Grabbing Bucky's dagger from your thigh holster, you drove it sideways into the junction of his neck and shoulder, making him fall to his knees beside you.

Pushing him off of you, you stumbled up to your feet, blowing the strands of hair that fell on your face, and walked ahead with your back to the man who was struggling for his life.

"Help me," he choked out reaching out to you as blood spewed from his lips, making you turn around, " I'll give you anything. What do you want?"

He gasped for breath when you pressed your knee against his neck, pinning him to the wall behind.

"You can't give me what I want," you replied coldly and raised your gun, emptying the last of bullets into his head.

The video stopped playing and Liana squeezed her eyes shut when the trigger was pulled.

Yelena was silent for a few seconds, "No ordinary widow is a match for her, you know it," she spoke, she had heard the noises of the video to know what had happened, "And besides, you're the only Black-Widow Assassin who's magical,"

Liana rolled her eyes, "It's sorcery. Not magic,"

"Eh," Yelena paused, nodding to herself in thought, "Sounds like magic to me," she shrugged.

Shaking her head, the woman hummed to herself, as she flipped through the file, leaning back on her rotating chair.

To the extent that Yelena knew Liana, it was that she will choose any means to achieve her goal. Anything to get the job done. And now, it was personal. Personal to Liana. You had killed her father.

Yelena never thought you'd do such a thing. Hell, she didn't even recognize you at the gravestone, which she should've; given that you were an Avenger. And she had also done her fair share of stalking and found out that now you had settled down with Bucky Barnes and also had a family. Out of three times, she followed you, you had almost caught her twice; if it wasn't for the crowd and your hurried state of circumstance.

To know that you were capable of cold-blooded ruthless killing was a surprise to the blonde. She thought you were just a kind, gentle soul, grieving Natasha's death. It's not like Yelena herself was a saint, but she figured that you may have been grieving; just like Clint Barton and you lashed out your anger on ex-HYDRA agents as the archer had in Japan.

Yelena decided that she'd meet up with you once; hopefully, before Liana attacks you. But this time, no fake names and no hiding information, like it had been at Natasha's gravestone.
Just the truth.

"You know her?" Liana raised an eyebrow at the blonde, "You have this look on your face like you do,"

"No," Yelena lied through her teeth, putting up her poker face again, "I've just seen her around and heard about her,"

"She's an Avenger," Liana scoffed, tossing the file back on the table, "Of course, you have,"

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦