*:・゚𝟮𝟬 ༉‧₊❒┊𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗱 ☰

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

Bucky underestimated the responsibility of taking care of the kids. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't exhausted.

He was swiping through his phone, leaning on the kitchen counter, while Aaron, Mara, and Natalie were on the other side of the counter, eating their breakfast.

"Will Mom be here for Christmas?" Aaron asked worriedly.

"What do those people want with Mom anyway?" Mara thought out loud.

Bucky paused for a second, slowly looking up at them, "Let's hope she's here for Christmas. And as for the other question," he gestured at Mara.

"Yeah?" the girl nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"Would you look at that? You're getting late, missy," he glanced at the clock, "Mrs. Herbert will be here to take you to school,"

"What, how?"

Raising his hands in front of him, Aaron created an orange portal in the room. Out of the portal, walked Mrs. Herbert, "Mara, we gotta be quick. I've got some errands to run,"

Bucky raised a hand at her as he spoke, "And when you return, could you drop by the grocery and get eggs, maybe?"

The older woman scowled at him, "I am not your housekeeper, James,"

"Yeah, yeah," he brushed it off with a shit-eating grin.

Mara jumped off of the stool she was seated on and stretched her hand at her side; her bag flew to her grip as gold mists carryied them to her.

The mere movement reminded Bucky of you, causing a fond smile to form on his face.

"And aren't you coming along?" Mara cocked her head forward with a look at Aaron, who was leisurely still seated with his legs resting on the chair she had been on.

"I'm suspended, remember? For another 2 months," Aaron wiggled his eyebrows at her, "Have fun in school,"

"Ugh," Mara groaned, tipping her head back, hating that her brother escaped from school.

"You too, Aaron," Mrs. Herbert pointed a finger at him.

"What?" the boy gaped at her, while Mara grinned in satisfaction.

"Anya got a trainer for you since she's away and busy with Y/N,"

"Oh, c'mon!" Aaron groaned out loud, begrudgingly getting out of his stool, and headed upstairs to change out of his pajamas.