*:・゚𝟭𝟮 ༉‧₊❒┊𝗔𝗺𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘄𝗮𝘆 ☰

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

After spending the evening with the Wilson's and celebrating your engagement, you and your family decided to head back home. On your way back, you stopped by a convenience store in a gas station after refueling your car.

You were going through the candy aisle when you noticed Bucky walk head towards you after helping Aaron and Mara back into the car. You carried Natalie against your hip as she clutched her white wolf plushie in her grasp.

It was Shuri's idea to get a gift like that for Natalie, in reference to the name the Wakandans had given to Bucky. The man was so touched by the gift that he carried it around more than Natalie ever did.

"So," Bucky bumped your side with his own to get your attention.

"So?" you repeated his word, sneaking a look at him with a merry grin.

Your boyfriend — now fiancé— stood behind you and pulled you into his chest for a hug, kissing the top of your head first, then Natalie's, "Do you like it? The ring, I mean,"

"I do," you glanced down at it, "It's beautiful,"

"Mhmm," Bucky hummed as he rested his chin against your shoulder.

"Nat, do you like it?" you asked your daughter, adjusting her on your hip.

Natalie held the side of your palm with one of her hands and she traced her finger over the outline of the diamond, "Shiny,"

"Oh yeah, shiny," you encouraged her at the new word she spoke, "Good girl," you pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

Bucky raised an amused brow at you, "'good girl' doesn't give you any dirty thoughts, but 'daddy' does? You kept laughing when Mara used to call me 'daddy'"

You stifled your laugh as you turned to face him, "Natalie is right here, Buck,"

Suddenly, various ripples and echoes of bullets burst through the glass of the store, making you both duck immediately.

You felt Natalie stiffen in your hold in fear and you hugged her closer to you, "Look at me, sweetie," you tried to calm your toddler down, "Everything's gonna be okay. Just look at Mama okay?"

You held up a green shield in front of you when the machine blew up into smithereens, catching fire as the flames rose and licked the ceiling.

"Whoa," Natalie murmured in awe, watching the blazing fire.

"Yeah, only Natasha would get fascinated by fire," you closed your eyes for a moment, "What was I thinking naming you after her?"

You and Bucky hurried out of the store towards your car. Mara and Aaron were looking out of their windows in alarm.

"What's going on?!" Mara asked you as you placed Natalie on Aaron's lap, "Was that an explosion?"

"No shit sherlock," Aaron deadpanned in sarcasm.