*:・゚𝟰𝟭 ༉‧₊❒┊𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ☰

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

Blizzard blew across the snow-covered mountain as an orange portal opened. You, Wanda, and Wong stepped out of it.

The portal shimmered out of sight once you three stepped out, walking through the snow and battling against the strong air as clouds moved forward.

You squinted your eyes enough to make out t2wo structures in the distance, that resided on the top of a pair of mountains. The structures were similar to castles, majestic and large, and were connected together by a small archway.

"You couldn't portal us up there?" Wanda asked the Sorcerer Supreme.

"My magic can only take us so far," he responded, "Masters of the Mystic Arts weren't meant to tread upon the forbidden grounds of Wundagore and Sageforte,"

Determined, you thrust your hands at your sides to levitate yourself off the ground and towards the castle. Wanda followed after you, pulling Wong along with her by using her magic.

Thick mist was still obscuring the majority of the castle, but you could notice how the structure from the side seemed to be broken and pieces of it missing in parts. As though there had been an attack there. A battle.

Wanda joined your side and you both turned to look around. Sculptures of unknown people were marked on the walls covered by ice and snow, fallen pillars collapsed on the sides, and two stone tables, one right beside the other.

"Eons ago, the first demon, Chthon, carved his dark magic into these tombs," Wong narrated.

Walls were engraved with the same spells that were written inside the Darkhold. You summoned your own sphere of mist and moved forward to see the other symbols and bits carved into the wall.

"These same spells were later transcribed into the Darkholds,"

Stone crumbled behind and you whirled on her heel with a gasp leaving her lips, her eyes searching for any signs of intruders but was only able to see how some rocks wobbled from side to side.

Wong had frowned in suspicion but decided to brush it off as he followed after you and Wanda.

"There's no telling what soulless monstrosities lie within,"

Wanda directed a sphere of red mist to the corner of the room to light up a fire in the cauldron and then moved back to do the same with the others on each corner. 

When she lit up the last one, a roar was heard and a monstrous creature appeared, followed by three more identical creatures with the same features; rock-like skin and long fangs but the trait that was more noticeable was their glowing eyes.

Wong summoned two orange discs in his hands and you formed two spheres of green mist in her hands while Wanda did the same. Both of you lifted yourselves to stand at one of the tables in the room.

The creatures didn't stop their growling and Wong turned his discs into swords. You and Wanda were back to back, holding up your guard and ready to attack.

But suddenly, the creatures dropped their anger and lowered themselves to one knee on the floor, showing their respect as they hung their head.

Wanda's hands stopped glowing with red mists, "They've been waiting for us,"

Wanda looked back at the symbol below her feet and turned her head to the sculpture on the back wall. There were sculptures of two people carved into the stone, with identical two-pointed crowns. 

There were three cultures in total— The first one had two figures that were pressed back to back, defending each other. The second one was where the two figures were raised in air, while chaos and wreck thrived around them. The third one was an engraving of one figure kneeling on both knees while the other was on both feet in front, chin raised.

"This isn't a tomb," Red mists returned to Wanda's palm and she turned to lock eyes with you.

Realization dawned upon you, "It's a throne,"

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

You were going through the inscriptions on the wall and noticed three smaller figures beside your own. Wanda was doing the same on the other side of the castle when she noticed Wong looking from one to another.

"You're wondering what happens now," she spoke with her back to him.

"No. That I've already accepted," Wong replied and Wanda snapped her head to look back at him. "But I do wonder, when you could force America to send you to any universe you want, why take her power for your own? You know it would kill her,"

"For Billy and Tommy, to protect them," Wanda confessed. "What if they get sick? In the Infinite Multiverse, there's a cure for every illness. A solution to every problem. I won't lose them again."

"Neither will I," you announced from the side, green mists swirling in your raised palm.

"Try as you might, Wanda, Y/N, you cannot control everything," Wong tried to reason.

"But what if we can?" you spoke up striding towards him, "Look all around you. It's even carved in stone. I'm meant to rule the world and the cosmos. But that's not what I want. I just want a happy life. With my family,"

"At the cost of a child's life?" Wong snapped, "Is there no peace in knowing that even though you can't be with the ones you love, there are worlds where you are together? Is that not enough?"

Wanda stepped forward and raised her hand after noticing the look of slight disturbance behind your eyes, She trapped Wong in ropes of red mist and lifted him in the air. "No,"

She tugged her own hand into the air and threw Wong back to the crumbled entrance of the castle, where he slipped on the icy floor and rolled down the mountain, trying to grasp for everything to save his life from the claws of the snow, but he fell into oblivion.

Once there weren't any more disturbances, you and Wanda resumed your previous actions of dream walking as you had in Kamar Taj. Both of your eyes were closed in concentration and legs were crossed as you both levitated into the air with your respective aura of magic, this time determined not to fail.

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦