Chapter Twenty Nine

The night ends beautifully with Jessie playing the piano. The guests start leaving the living room to their designated rooms for a more eventful day tomorrow. The many presents and gifts under the tree are enough motivation and excitement for everyone.

Before following others upstairs, I added my Christmas presents. I hold off on Ethan's gift. It will be midnight in just a few minutes. Our first Christmas together deserves a bit of romance. Even if I'm the only one in this sentiment.

It was hard getting a present for a man who has a lot. A man who is not appeased or impressed so easily. Eventually, I did find the perfect gift. But ever since, a jab of fear shakes me, wondering what if he doesn't like it.

When I get to our room, almost everyone is settled. Perhaps some even sleep by now; after all, it has been a long day. Ethan just steps out of the bathroom with a towel around his torso. I quickly put the present in the top drawer and proceed to take off my jewelry.

After drying and putting on sweatpants without any underwear, Ethan helps me out of my dress. He slowly unzips the back and allows it to fall down. The red dress pools around my feet and leaves me utterly naked except for the sheer panties.

He brushes my hair to the side and drops kisses to my shoulder.

"I think you should keep the necklace. I like you in nothing but the diamonds. It makes you look so sexy," he whispers into my ear. "But the panties must go."

Next, he puts his hands on my waist and draws the panties down, letting them fall to the floor. I step out of the heap of clothes and turn to face him. He has this wicked smile on his face. The one that boils from wicked thoughts. One that ends us in the bed entangled.

And it doesn't take long. Before I know it, I'm being led to the bed and laid down like a feast for his eyes. He lowers himself, ridding himself of his pants in the process, and joins me.

I hold his head firm and demand his lips in a searing kiss. He answers by wrapping his arms around me, lifting my torso off the mattress.

Soon our bodies are dancing between the sheets, creating our own heat even if the room is chilly and the comforter is hardly oversized enough for the two of us. I pant his name, consciously aware, his parents are sleeping two doors away. He moans his pleasure into my mouth. When I can't contain my pleasure any longer, I press my lips into his shoulder to muffle my cry of delight.

Sated, we lay under the small comforter, his limbs intertwined with mine. His arms around me. We lay so close that I can feel his heartbeat thumping against my chest.

"Merry Christmas," I whisper, looking up at him through my lashes.

He chuckles, causing my head to vibrate. "Merry Christmas, darling."

"I have something for you." With dismay of losing his heat and body, I separate myself and reach for the night trail hanging on the back of the chair behind the desk. Padding across the room barefoot, I reach the dresser.

I return with the neatly wrapped Christmas present in my hand. The seven-inch-long box glints in the dim light of the nightstand lamp. I look down at it, taking a deep breath before handing it to him with a smile.

"Merry Christmas."

He sits up, reaches for the box, and leans back against the headboard. I sit next to him on the edge of the bed, totally unbothered by how the cold weather strokes my skin in icy shivers.

Cautiously looking at me through his lashes, he unties the ribbon on the top before ripping the wrapping until he reveals the dark wooden box topped with a tight leather faux lid. He flips the lid open impatiently and meets my eyes upon the first glance.