~Chapter 1~

You run though the streets of Liyue bursting with joy. The birds are singing, people are chattering, children laughing. Today was a perfect day. You quickly chat with the food vendors across the street selling their foods and ingredients. You quickly walk to the next stall until time stops. You fall to the ground slowly. You hit the pavement hearing the slap of your hands and thighs. Your eyes start to water as you can feel the burning pain from the fall until you hear a voice.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you." And a hand reached out to you. Time resumes from when it stopped and you grabbed the persons hand not knowing who they are or what they look like.
"I'm sorry it's my fault, I wasn't paying attention-" you look up at the person until you see their face. Gorgeous blue eyes, sharp jawline, smooth lips, and shiny ginger hair. You stare in aw at their facial features admiring every second of it till they speak
"No it's fine I should've started away when I saw you coming" he smiles at you assuring that it was his fault. You snap out of your staring and notice that your still holding the persons hand. You blush slightly feeling that it went to your ears and quickly look down out of embarrassment. You quickly snatch your hand but as soon as you let go it felt empty. You nod and quickly walk away looking down and still a blushing mess. You pass a corner but something grabs your shoulder and you jump a little from the contact
"Wait- I thought you where pretty, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go out too eat somewhere together... or something." They scratched the back of their head out of embarrassment. You furrow your eyebrows out of confusion.

"Wait... like a- date?..." I quickly look up.

"Yeah......"

"We just met, and I don't even know your name! How could we go on a date if I don't even know much about you!" You motion your hands showing that your serious. They smirk at the ground.

"Isn't that what dates are for?" They smile at you which made you blush. "Oh- and I'm Childe!" He puts his hand in front of you motioning that he wants to shake your hand. You grab it gently but Childe shakes it strongly out of excitement.

"Wanmin Restaurant at 18:00?"he tilts his head at you which you thought was cute and you nod. He smiles and runs excitedly around the corner back to where he was going.

That interaction was scary but exhilarating. You stand still and smile at wants going to unfold at the Wanmin Restaurant tomorrow night with Childe. You walk around the other corner with a skip in your step as you walk down the street to your apartment
                            —————————-
You climb the stairs to your apartment door and grabbing the keys out of your pocket too unlock the door. The door opens to darkness which frightened you.

'Could Yanfei really still be at work?' You turn on the lights as you think about your room mate who you have no clue where she is other than that shes at work working her ass off... again. You walk into the kitchen grabbing pots and pans getting ready to cook a meal for you two. You throw multiple things into a pot and fry multiple things in a pan stirring both, occasionally breaking a sweat. You finish up with the dishes until you hear the door in front unlock. You quickly put the food onto the table putting used utensils in the sink.

"Hey Yanfei! Dinners ready!" you sit down in the chair giving a quick smile while you think about your date with Childe and how jealous Yanfei would be.

"Ah sorry Y/N! I have to grab some paperwork and go back to work. Theres a long court case me and my client need to solve. I made not have time to eat diner." Yanfei shows me a frown as she wanders around the house grabbing papers and small files and shoving it into her bag. You frown at not getting to tell Yanfei about your date and even sadder she wont eat dinner with you. You slowly get up to grab her plate to put into a container for later. As your gently placing the food in you quickly want to say something

"Yanfei your dinn-" you words quickly stop as you realize Yanfei already left and your at your apartment alone. You put all the food away not even touching yours and clean the kitchen. Your cleaning the dishes looking out the window at the sunset with a burden in your heart.

'Yanfei wont know, she wont know ill be gone tomorrow. Shed be alone here and she might not know how to cook dinner.' You finish with the dishes putting them all away still appreciating the sunset until the sun finally leaves and the oranges, yellows and reds fade into black. Now with no sun and only the stars and moon, the whole house feels even darker.

You sadly walk to your room dragging your feet and throwing yourself onto your bed thinking about whats going to happen tomorrow. It will be amazing with Childe on the date. Getting to know a pretty person you met in the streets of Liyue. You turn onto your side blushing while you grab a book. You read and read until your eyes are heavy and barely holdable and you fall into a peaceful slumber dreaming about Childe and your date tomorrow.