~Chapter 16~

Clutching your bag you run down the dirt paths to Liyue passing hilichurls not giving a care about them as they try to fire at you. Passing travelers  where speechless when they saw you running but you had no time to react to them. Climbing mountains gave you blisters on your hands causing some parts to bleed. Pushing aside your pain you run for hours losing a multitude of energy but you couldn't be stopped. Panting in pain, that's when you see it, Liyue. Multiple memories flooding your head of Yanfei, hearing her yells in your head startled you even more. Shaking off your fear you ran down the hill into Liyue passing crowds until someone stopped you by grabbing your shoulder. You jerked your head towards your shoulder seeing the person.
"Y/N! Long time no see" the person giggled smiling at you as people bumped into your both. Look more closely into their face realization hits you hard
"Y-Yanfei" was the only word you came up with saying it under breath with your jaw open. Trying to pull away Yanfei only seemed to grab harder trying to talk to you as every word she said went past you. Finally breaking through the crowd seemed to get bigger. Pushing through adults and children only few spots where spacious enough for you. The crowd pushed you into an ally giving you breathingroom as you weren't where you needed to be. Everything got smaller to you as you panicked in the ally. What if you couldn't see Childe leave. What if this was the last time to see him. Thoughts ran through your head as you grabbed your watch checking the time
  19:03
Biting your lip you felt defeated wanting to give up. Shame and tears filled your face as you gripped onto the hem of your shirt looking at the bustling crowd in front of you. Sitting down on the cold ground squeezing into a ball every emotion filled you causing you to cry and throw a small fit. Looking around everything spun until you caught yourself falling over a tad. A voice caught your attention in the crowd as you jerk your head up tears still running down your face. That's when you saw him and he saw you. You eyes burst into tears as he walks down the ally to you kneeling down to your level.
      "Why are you here?" Childe said annoyed on his knees resting his hands on his lap. Quickly getting out of your ball formation you grip onto Childe squeezing him hard. Crying into his shoulder he wraps his arms around your waist patting your back cooing at you.
     "What are you doing her baby, you shouldn't be here." Childe pulled away to look at your sobbing face as he raised his hand wiping off your tears kissing your forehead. Childe strokes your hair small tears felling out of your eyes into your lap. Getting courage to speak everything in your mind spilt out of your mouth.
     "Why are you going, please don't leave. If you need to leave that bad please take me with you. I cant handle being separated from you. Please Childe." You place your hand on his hand resting on your face as Childe frowned at you.
     "Honey, I can't take you to Snezhnaya. It's too dangerous for you. You need to stay in mondstat until I come home." Childe pulls you closer as his hand still rests on your face slowly stroking your cheek softly. Tears fill your eyes even more as a few ran down your face.
     "Why do you need to leave why can't you stay, tell them you can't go!" Slow sobs become more noticeable in your sentence for Childe. He sighs looking down taking his hand off of your face onto his lap.
    "I can't betray lord Tsaritsa." Childe said seriously not baby talking you leaving no emotion on his face. Every emotion left your face as tears still resume their course as you put your hands together in a praying position.
     "Please Childe, please please please take me with you. I cant be without you." Childe grabs both of your hands as he cradled them squeezing them gently. Childe looks up slightly smiling giving a soft face until his said his answer.
    "No." Childe got up letting you go giving a quick peck on your forehead slowly walking back to the crowd "I regret doing this Y/N but this is a farewell for now. I'll give you the best wedding when I come back. Farewell my darling." Childe disappeared into the crowd as you froze into place on the ground thinking of Childes words emotionless. The tears had stopped and every sound around you became mute. Standing up with your mouth slightly open and your eyes wide open you stand up speechless. You walk into the crowd as people pushed you too somewhere farther into  town until you where in a clear space. It was the front of the city. Walking slowly everything near you disappeared as you walked out of Liyue unsuccessful with anything. Without much thought walking down paths was your only instinct as you passed multiple things not bringing much attention to them. All you could think about was Childe and his selfishness for the fatui. Everything in your mind disappeared as something shook you violently as your name rang in you ears. Finally focusing Kaeye was calling your name shaking you grabbing your attention after a few calls. Kaeya finally spoke as you listened giving no feedback.
      "Y/N what are you doing all the way in Liyue?! You're not even on the way home or too Liyue!" Kaeye sat you down on the grass nearby giving you food as he looked at your hands and feet seeing multiple blisters and calluses. Refusing every food the bandages from Kaeye stung hard as you still showed no emotion. Kaeye sat down next to you giving you bits of food to swallow still refusing until you gave into his small speeches.
    "Why are you in Liyue Y/N?"