Chapter One: Part Two

"I know and I love you but sometimes you frustrate me so bad. You let people walk all over you and they would stop if you said fuck off but you never do." He ran his fingers through my hair with another heavy sigh. "Your hair isn't too tangled this time. I think it's a good idea to keep it in protective styles between washes, especially if you are going to be doing all those damned chores." He grabbed the brush and I could feel him starting to brush my hair from the bottom up, making sure to work the product through each strand.

"Fuck mum works you like a damned Omega some days." He muttered it out and I bit my tongue. I didn't want to argue with him about what I did for the family. I was happy taking care of the various household chores. It kept me busy and away from everyone so they could pretend I wasn't around. Plus it made me feel better about being such a burden to father and Lisa. Especially Lisa. I understood how she felt. I was the product of an affair that father had. I was the constant reminder that her mate had not only stepped out of their bond but did so without protection. I probably constantly reminded her that if he did it once, he did it more than that, and that she would never know just what he might be bringing home.

Instead of a disease, he brought me home. Which I think some days she would have preferred an STD.

"Can I join?" At the soft question I looked up and smiled at Ellie, our little sister. She was holding a brush in her hands, her blond hair hanging free.

"Of course you can!" I adjusted my legs and gestured to the spot in front of me and she gave me a shy grin before quickly coming over and dropping in front of me.

"Little braid train going on here." Simon said it with quite a bit of amusement. "Sibling bonding time. Get this shit on Oprah. Taking on emotional relationships, one strand at a time." He chuckled to himself as he continued to brush my hair, carefully and gently detangling it. I chuckled at him as I took the brush from Ellie and started to brush her hair.

Her hair was like silk in my palms, so completely different than my own, then again her hair was nearly straight as a pin woth a few waves and never really tangled. However I was happy she wanted to join. It was rare I got to spend quality time with her. Lisa didn't like me hanging around Ellie all that much. I wasn't sure why but I had a feeling she just didn't want me around so she could pretend I didn't exist. It was easier to do that when your youngest child isn't asking about her older sister.

I passed her back the brush and gently pulled her hair back from her face and started a french braid. It wasn't that I had Simon doing my refresher days or helping me on my wash days occasionally because I didn't know how. I knew how to take care of my hair by myself, it was just i loved the bonding we got from it. It was quality time we spent together that seemed like we would never get otherwise.

I hummed to myself slightly, smiling as I continued to diligently make sure each strand in Ellie's french braid was perfect. I could feel Simon finishing with the brush and he must have grabbed the wide toothed comb because she parted my hair down the middle to get my hair ready for braiding. I liked these moments, the calm ones where nothing interfered and we were simply content with each other.

"Ellie, where are you?" Lisa's voice was sweet and I froze for a moment before going back to braiding. I could even see Ellie stiffen and was aware Simon had as well. "Could you-oh." Lisa's voice was flat and when I glanced up she was standing in the sitting room doorway, a pinched look on her face. "Minnie, haven't I told you to not-"

"Leave it, mum." Simon's voice was a bark and Lisa narrowed her eyes and she opened her mouth. "I am not in the mood to repeat this conversation. Let us finish. Most parents would be happy their kids are bonding all nice instead of screaming at each other." I watched as Lisa's mouth twisted down and her eyes darted to me before quickly flicking away.