Chapter Seven

I honestly didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I didn't. I had been content to never again look at the little female that had been dumped at my feet. She was an unwanted burden, an unwanted order, from my Alpha. I didn't want to bring that sort of complication into my house.

And then that unbearable whelp of a male had come onto my territory and started ordering me around.

I might not have wanted her, I still didn't really want her, but my wolf was still a wolf and he was very territorial. The male was stepping on his territory and ordering him around as if his word was law over the little female. Despite everything, she had been given to us to do with what we wanted. We didn't like the other male barging in on that.

So we had ordered her inside, if to just get her away from the male who was showing far too much ownership over her. He wasn't her protector, he wasn't the head of the family. He had no ability to tell us what to do with her and Stenton had made it clear that neither he or her actual protector had any cares about how she was treated. So we sent her inside.

I wondered if that was just a fit of temporary insanity brought on by everything that had happened. I had been stressed, my head had pounded, and I had been agitated. I had dealt with the Omegas barging into my house all week, touching things they had no business touching or cleaning, had Stenton ordering me around, barging in on me as well, and then had to deal with having an unwanted female dropped at my feet.

It was like my wolf had finally had enough of people interfering with his territory and ordered it all away. And as the little female was technically now our property, that meant bringing her inside where no one else could interfere with our territory and property. Unwanted property but property none-the-less.

To be fair the act of having her given away to me made no sense. You did that with useless property, things that had no value, things you deemed worthless. Especially when it came to females. However she was quiet, dutiful, and listened. All things that would have been lauded by members of the pack. Hell I had been surprised by her sensitivity towards Chrissie's things and asking me what she needed to avoid when it came to cleaning.

I hadn't expected that. It had been...nice to have someone acknowledge that Chrissie had lived with me, that her touches were all over the house.

I still didn't want her around and it still agitated me but less on her account and more in general. She was clearly a female who had more worth than what was given to her when she was dropped at my feet. Then again another part of me wondered if that was part of Stenton's plan. Give me a female who is clearly worth more than the worth she had been given to make me feel guilty so I would be more inclined to let her slowly take over the place that Chrissie still had an intense hold on.

I bared my teeth at the thought. A part of me said that the little female was not capable of that level of lie but another part of me knew Stenton would do whatever he wanted to get the outcome he wished. He wanted me to be fit for service for the pack and he would do whatever it took to get me there, even play mind games and manipulate the situation to his own gain.

I rubbed at my face, I didn't know what games and manipulation were being done around me but I was positive there was one going on. No protector would simply give a female away when it was clear she had intrinsic value and worth. She could clean, was calm, quiet, listened better than any male I had trained, and was mindful about duties and asking for duties to perform. I didn't fucking understand it. Sure, I knew that her colouring was a slight against her, something I knew Stenton wouldn't like. Mainly because it went against his 'pure-bred' bloodlines. I didn't give two shits if a shifter was white, brown, purple, or blue. As long as they were a functional member of the pack and did their duties to the best of their abilities, I couldn't care less what they looked like.