Chapter Forty-Nine

I fought the urge to wring my hands as I looked at the empty laundry basket as well as the empty shelves. It was all done. The Omegas had left and Brohan's laundry was all folded but Mike, Dana's mate had taken it. He had said he was heading to see Brochan anyway but now I was terrified that Brochan was going to be upset that I didn't bring the laundry back and he would send me to the Delta. He didn't like me. I knew that. The menace and rage practically radiated off of him when he had been in front of me.

My stomach rolled unpleasantly and I touched my mouth with a small frown as I got the sudden urge to throw up. "Again?" Simon sounded concerned and I blinked at him and swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the bile that seemed to be rising in my throat. He walked over, pressing the back of his hand to my forehead. "You're a bit clammy but don't have a fever." He frowned slightly and then pulled his jacket closed a bit more in front of me. He had given it to me after he realized I had walked to the laundry mat without anything but my shirt and skirt. "Did you pick up a bug from somewhere?" His concern made my stomach roll even worse, I wanted to tell him what happened, I wanted to tell him what was more than likely causing it but I couldn't.

"I'm going to assume it's stress and pain. Plus if she was sick like you said then she would still be recovering from that." Dana spoke from her place on the table used for folding clothes. She had sat up there shortly after her mate, Mike, had left. I didn't know why she was still there and I didn't understand why her mate had to come over to talk sense into Brochan. There was nothing to talk about. I was Brochan's property, he could treat me however he wanted.

"I'm not sure. You've been looking a bit under the weather for a few days now. Outside of the pain, your colouring is all off." Simon cupped my face, looking me over intently and I sighed deeply.

"I'm okay." As soon at the words came out of my mouth his eyebrows crashed down and he shook his head.

"Now I know something is wrong." He lifted my chin and I swallowed convulsively. "Outside of your back, is it your tummy that's bothering you?" His blue eyes searched my face and I gave a small nod. His lips pinched together and his frown deepened. "I think some ginger tea would do you good." He looked at Dana and she gave a small hum.

"I think we have some at home." She sounded so casual and I frowned slightly. There was no reason for her to be talking about her own tea supply. I knew Brochan didn't have any and I knew I would have to deal with it on my own. I didn't even know if he would let me in the house at this point. That had my chest feeling like it was going to crack right down the middle. It hurt that my life was once again thrown into chaos, that I had pushed the kind male that I knew into the state he was. It was all my fault that I didn't have a home anymore. I had brought it on myself and I hated myself for that

The bell over the door tinged and Simon let my face go, his expression turning more concerned. "Well?" I turned my head and Dana's mate was back and he held a laundry basket against his hip.

He smiled at me and I turned, clasping my hands in front of me. My heart was thudding unpleasantly in my chest as I recognized some of the items in the basket. That was my stuff. "Hey, Menza. You're coming to stay with Dana and I for a bit."

Simon let out an explosive breath and Dana seemed to slump. "He's letting you take her?" There was a heavy relief to Simon's voice and Mike nodded.

"He really didn't want me to and we got into it a bit but he said she could come stay." He was saying the words but I couldn't comprehend what he was saying. Brochan was sending me away from his house?

"He doesn't want me under his roof?" My teeth started to clatter together as panic surged through me. I swayed on my feet. He was giving me away? He was sending me away from his roof? He was the only protection I had against the Delta. If he was giving me away then I had nothing left to stop the Delta from hurting me.