Chapter 21

"How couldn't I see it?" We heard and jumped from each other. We knew that voice. We were caught. She knew now.

I didn't know what to, I couldn't move and I couldn't look up. I was stuck. Louis was standing next to me, but he didn't say a word.

"How long has this been going on for?" Ivy said quietly, her voice shaking and the kids just continued playing. I didn't know what will happen and it definitely wasn't my call to answer that question.

"I was meaning to tell you. Fuck, I'm so sorry you had to find out like this. I swear I never meant to hurt you or anyone else." Louis started and I slowly looked up at him. He was scared, of course, he was. "I-" he said but Ivy cut him off.

"You've been meaning to tell me? I thought you were going to say it wasn't how it looked like." Her voice rose a bit, but she wasn't yelling. Her face was red and she had tears in her eyes. I couldn't look her for too long, there was so much tension and pain in the room and all I wanted to do was hug Louis and hide from everyone else.

"I'm sorry, Ivy. It was exactly how it looked like. Remember that time we talked about our problems? How I did feel the things people write in books about?" His voice was calm and I wondered how could he be so calm. I was confused.

"You mean, you're in love with my nephew?!" Ivy yelled now and I closed my eyes. I didn't know what to do or say, I just wanted to run away. "You're in love with a boy, who is more than ten years younger than us?" She continued and I looked at Louis.

"Yes. That's what I mean. I'm sorry, I really am, I never intended for it to happen and I never believed it could happen, but somewhere along the way it did. But even when I realised I had feelings for him, I didn't act on them. I tried to do the right thing. For us, for our family. I really tried so hard, Ivy, you have to believe me. And you have to know, how bad I felt for the last couple of months. I'm so sorry, Ivy." He took a step towards her and she looked like she's going to start crying right in that moment.

"I can't believe it." She sobbed and Louis stepped towards her again and the next thing I know, he held her in his arms while she sobbed. She was clinging on him and the kids calmed down a bit and came to me. Marcel started pulling my jeans and I got on my knees.

"Why mommy sad?" He asked and I brought him into my arms. They both looked sad as well and I hated that I was the reason. My and Louis' happiness is the one who made them all sad and I didn't know what to do. Louis was holding her, but looking at us and I looked at him. His smile was sad with so many different emotions and I didn't know what to do, other than kiss the top of Marcel's head and brush Daisy's hair off her face.

"I can't believe you don't love me anymore." Ivy said just loud enough that I heard her, too.

Louis moved a bit and looked her in the eyes.

"I will never not love you, Ivy. You're the one who I spent so many years with, who gave me a family that I wanted and hoped for for so long, you were there for me when I needed someone and you were my best friend. I love you, of course I love you and how I wish I didn't feel what I feel for him, for Harry, but what I feel for him is something completely different. I don't know how to explain it, Ivy, and I hope you'll understand it someday. You deserve someone who will make your body hurt, but in the best way possible and someone who will make you feel like the queen you are. Because it's true. All the love stories, how your skin is on fire when you touch the one, it's all true, Ivy. And you deserve to find it so much." He said to her reassuringly.

"But that someone isn't you." She said and Louis only nodded. The kids didn't understand what was happening and I could only hope they wouldn't grow up to have trauma because of that, because of me. I held them close to my body, both of them and the room was silent.