Chapter 24

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Marcel and Daisy, happy birthday to you!" We all sang together and started clapping. They were three years old now. I can't believe how fast they are growing and how lucky I am to be there for and with them. It's been a year since we moved in together and since then, I spent even more time with the babies. Ivy and Louis looked at each other and smiled. And that made me happy. She was happy as well. She found someone to share her happiness and sadness with and apparently now she knew what Louis was talking about when he was telling her about his feelings for me.

"Make a wish!" Louis told the kids and they closed their eyes excitedly and then blew the candles. Then I got the knife and Louis cut the cake. Ivy and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Hello Max, how are you doing? It's nice to have you here." I walked over there and shook his hand. We were all friends, which made me even happier.

"Good, good, nice to be here." He smiled and held Ivy around her back. She put her head on his shoulders and he kissed the top of her head. I looked at them with love and we made a small talk. The kids were at ours every second week. We didn't live too far from here, so the kindergarten wasn't a problem. I was now finishing my first year of university in the city, so I still lived with Louis and he was still teaching music.

"What are we talking about here?" Louis came from the back, as his mum continued cutting the cake. He put his arms around me as Max did Ivy and I just had to smile. He said hello to Max as well and we continued our small talk.

"Harry, can I steal you for a bit?" My mum came over and I went with her. My dad was standing there and he brought me in his hug.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as I couldn't read their expressions.

"No, nothing, we just wanted to ask you if you wanted to spend tomorrow with us. You and Louis both, obviously." They asked and I smiled. They loved Louis, they knew he treats me right and they didn't hate him for what we did to Ivy.

"We'd love to. But are you sure? It's your anniversary tomorrow, isn't it?" They looked at each other cheekily and then I knew they were hiding something.

"We'd love it if you two were there." They said and I nodded. The kids were with Ivy and Max this weekend, so we had some free time.

We all started walking towards the kids who were eating their cake and we sat down next to them. Louis' mum was also there and she smiled at me and hugged me. I hugged her back and kissed her cheek.

"Is the cake good?" I asked the kids and they nodded and smiled.

"Harry, can I sleep with you tonight?" Marcel asked me and caught me off guard. I usually put them to bed together with Louis, but today wasn't our day.

"Why do you want to sleep at ours, love?" I asked curiously.

"You sing beautiful lullabies and I like it when you hold me." He said and my heart melted. I loved these kids so much and now they are telling me these things, and I just want to hug them.

"Me too. I like your singing better than mommy's or daddy's." Daisy agreed and I think I blushed a little.

"I'll talk to mum and dad about it, okay?" I asked and they nodded excitedly. Then I left them to eat the cake and made my way towards the man that I love.

"Daisy and Marcel asked if they can sleep at ours today." I told him so only he heard me and he smiled at me. "Of course they did. I already talked to Ivy and Max about it and they agree." He whispered back at me and I was now even more confused than before. Was something, I didn't know about, going on? I didn't say anything, though, and just let it be. I hugged Louis and kissed his cheek.