Chapter 4

»I'm home!« I said when I came through the door. The house smelled amazing of onions and garlic. I realised, my mum was probably making my favourite vegetable soup. »Hi, baby, how was your day?« My mum looked through the kitchen door and smiled at me. I took my shoes off, took off the coat, washed my hands and made my way to the kitchen. »It was lovely! I went to see the babies, they are so cute! Also, I did homework with Niall. School was as usual, so overall it was an amazing day. How about you, mum? Everything okay on your end?« I asked while leaning on the wall next to the stove, where the soup was cooking. I was right, she was making my favourite. It isn't that surprising, as we have it every week at least twice.

"I'm great as well. I came home an hour ago and work was great, so many nice customers. Of course there were some people who were driving me a bit insane, but you know how it is. I still had a lovely day though." She said and I was happy for her. She deserved everything good that was happening in her life. She opened a hairdressing salon a year and a half ago and she was working really hard on it. "How come you went to see the babies?" She asked and I smiled when I remembered our time together.

"I messaged Ivy if it was okay to visit them and she agreed. You know how much I love babies. I'm sure I got that from you." I smiled at her and she smiled back at me. "Ivy and Marcel weren't home though. So I spent some time with Daisy while Louis was cleaning the kitchen. Apparently Marcel had some problems when he was born but I didn't want to ask much, because I saw how sad it made Louis. It was great. I also talked a bit with Louis and I hope we'll be good friends." I said. That's what I thought back then.

"That's nice. I'm glad you went. And I also have a feeling he's a good guy. But I also have a feeling he wanted children more than Ivy. I never thought she was built for a family. But I don't want to judge based on her appearance. I hope she'll be a good mother. Their babies look like angels." Mum said and I agreed.

"I think she will be. The way Louis talked about her made me feel like she is genuinely happy that she has babies. I also offered again if they need any babysitting or just watching for a bit anytime they can call me." I said and mum smiled again. With that dinner was ready and I started preparing the table. In the meantime my father came home as well and we all sat down for dinner. Our meals were never silent. We were talking about our day, laughing at stupid things, I was watching my parents flirt with each other and I was loving our time. It was nice, having parents who still loved each other. I had too many friends whose parents were separated. I was one of the lucky ones.

"So how was at Ivy's?" My father asked and I glanced at him. I smiled at the thought of my day and visit, then I told him, as I did my mum just half an hour ago. The talk soon went in another direction and we enjoyed the rest of the dinner. When I finished, I slowly got up, took my plate and put it in the dishwasher. This made me think of Louis. I smiled. I liked the guy.

"See you later, going to do some writing." I said out loud so they heard and then made my way to my bedroom. I opened youtube and the first song I saw was If they only knew by Alfie Arcuri. I loved that song so much. I obviously clicked on it and then opened a Word document. I started writing. I was writing about love, heartbreak and forbidden love. I felt it all. I never had it, but I had this strange feeling, as though I can feel someone else's pain. Like I can feel another person's feelings. This gave me so many ideas and expressions to write about.

Everything hurts,

They're empty, my lungs

I can't feel my head or my heart

My fingers were doing everything on their own, my heart was aching, even though nothing like that has ever happened to me. The pain was going from my fingers, straight to my heart and for a second, I couldn't breathe. My fingers were still writing and the things they were writing terrified me. The message was obvious. And the fact that this happened to a lot of people saddened me.

You made me fall apart

You tore every piece of me

It wasn't like I wanted it to be

It hurt, oh, so fucking much

More with every single touch.

At this point I realised, that what I wrote is the end of the song. I decided I was going to write a story in a song. I needed a nice way to start and a way to make every sentence darker.

Baby, hold me close

Say it's me the one you chose

Say you love me please

And bless my lips with a kiss.

I wrote and my heart was calmer now. I finished a poem just when the song finished. I didn't know what it was, but I suddenly started thinking about Louis and the little ones. I felt like these were the feelings of someone I knew. Maybe someone, who was going to be close to me. The next song started playing. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and lip synced with Finneas.

Hey, you
I'm just now leaving
Can I come around later on this evening?
Or do you need time?
Yes, of course, that's fine

...

-----------

That's it for now! I really hope you liked it! I know it's super slow, but it'll be this much better when it actually happens!

Let me know, if you wanna read the whole poem 'he' wrote!:)

Please don't forget to vote and leave some feedback! You can also support me with buying me a coffee, link on my profile in bio! Costs you only 2€, priceless to me!

Anne xx