Chapter 12

The babies had their first 'anniversary' today. They had their half a year birthday party, that consisted of me, my parents, their family and a couple of Louis' and Ivy's friends. There was also Louis' family there and, I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I saw Louis had little sisters. To be precise, he had five younger sisters and one brother. Now I knew why he was so sweet and why he loved his babies so much. I didn't know why, but I was nervous to meet his family. And it wasn't like I was in any way special to him or anything, I just was nervous and excited at the same time. I was standing now at the front door, just about to knock.

"Hi, Harry, how are you doing?" Louis welcomed me when I came, as I was late. My parents were already there, but I had some errands to do before the party. He smiled at me softly and I smiled right back. I caressed Daisy's cheek since she was in his arms, carefully tucked and safe. "Good, good. I'm happy to finally be here and how are you, Lou?" That last part slipped. I didn't know why I said it and I became a bit nervous since I didn't know what he'll think about the nickname but he just laughed and nodded he's okay too. He let me in and soon we were in the garden with others. I waved to my parents, but went straight to Ivy to hug her and kiss Marcel on his beautiful head. She asked me if it was alright with me if I took him. How was that even a question for her? I nodded and I took him out of her arms. She went on to say hello to some of her friends and Louis came to me, saying I should follow him.

"This is Lottie, my sister." He said and I looked at her. She was really beautiful, and the only thing that popped into my head was 'of course she is, it must be the genes'. I smiled at her and started rocking Marcel as he started pouting. "Nice to meet you, Lottie. I love your hair." I said, not really knowing why, but I was nervous and Louis' free hand was still on my back so that made it even worse, but also better. "Thanks, I love you hair as well, those curls look amazing, you're so lucky. Heard a lot about you, though, Harry. Feels like I already know you." She said and that caught me off guard. I looked at Louis, but he just laughed.

Now I wanted to know what he said about me, but I think it would be weird if I just asked. Lottie must have seen my nervous expression so she went on. "Louis, here, told me how much you help with the babies and about the song you wrote, how he loved it. Nothing bad, I swear. He just really appreciates the help, isn't that right, Lou boo?" I laughed at the nickname, as it was so cute. I looked at him again, this time with a relaxed expression and a smile.

Daisy started looking around and moaning and when Marcel heard her, he started as well. We both started rocking the babies and walking slowly. In the same direction. "I'm really glad you are in our lives, Hazz." He said, catching me a bit off guard with the nickname, but I remembered I called him Lou before, so I guess it's only fair he gets a nickname for me, too. I loved it. It made me feel special. "I know we didn't really get on well at first, I mean before babies arrived. But that is probably my fault. I always worked when you came to visit you didn't really come often. Once a month, was it?" He said and the memories came back. Memories since before life became so difficult.

"It was my fault as well. I acted like a stupid child whenever we were at yours. Probably because of my parents, especially my dad. As you probably know, they didn't get along before. I still don't know why, to be honest, and it makes no sense to me, since they are the only family they have." I said and he nodded. The babies calmed down when we were talking and I thought that was a really special and beautiful thing. They really calmed down, listening to our voices together. I wondered if they calmed down when Ivy and Louis were talking, too. I wondered if I was special to him. I wanted so bad to kiss him right there, right now, with babies between us, to share something so special with him. I wanted to tell him how I felt, to let him know what a great person he is and how much I care about him. I wanted to come even closer to him, I wanted all of it so bad.