Chapter 8

"That's so unfair, Hazz, you barely studied and you still got the better grade than me." Niall whispered to me after we got our German tests back. I got the best grade and he got one lower. Still good, but I can say that I don't have an excuse, really. I guess I'm just good with languages. I love learning them, I find them fascinating

"Sorry, babe. I can't do anything about it. I can help you study if you want, though." I said, sincerely and I hope he'll take me up on that offer. After that we continued with the class and I was enjoying it the whole time. Today we were learning about love. Words, connected to 'love'. "Harry, hast du Lust, etwas mit 'Liebe' zu sagen? Liebst du jemanden?" Mr. Payne called me and I got a bit nervous but I soon collected myself up and answered. "Ich liebe meine Freunde und meine Eltern. Ich lerne und lese sehr gern. Ah, und ich habe mein Cousin und meine Cousine sehr lieb. Ich glaube, das ist alles." I answered, hoping the sentences were correct.

After that he asked another students some questions and I mainly listened. Niall was trying really hard to be focused, but he really wasn't that great with languages. The fact that he kept thinking about that girl, probably didn't help. I listened to answers from others, how they described love, the feeling of being loved and something inside me shifted. I started thinking about people. About people, who are or are going to be close to me. I started thinking about my relationship with those same people and I felt so loved, but also I felt like I was doing or thinking something wrong.

Yesterday I met this girl, Ashe, and she is as lovely as he made it sound. I like her and I think we hit it off quite alright. She asked if I sing as well. But nobody knew that about me. I liked having this one secret for myself. Being able to just sing for myself and listen to my voice at the same time, the thrill of being heard, but never really being. That's all I need. Something that is only mine.

The bell soon rang and Niall and I were on our way to English. Zayn was walking with us, but he kept quiet. We all did. I wasn't completely comfortable with anyone else, but Niall. Soon I saw Ashe walking towards us. Niall saw her, too, as he started breathing faster and his head moved downwards a bit. I smiled at the thought in my head, about how he really likes her, even though they didn't know each other for so long. She came closer and, for a second, I thought she is going to hug him. I hoped she would. It was so bloody obvious, they both liked each other. But she didn't. She just waved and smiled at the three of us. I don't think she met Zayn before, but he was in his own world anyways. Didn't even notice we stopped, he just went on. I didn't mind that, though. I like him, of course, he was a nice lad, but I never had the feeling like I could completely trust him.

"Hi, Ni, how are you?" She asked, but soon asked me the same thing, as she didn't want to be rude. I smiled at her and looked at Niall, who still had his head down. I wondered if that was how he coped with his feelings. I bumped a little in his shoulder and he quickly stood up straight, like someone had a gun to his back. I couldn't stop my laughter and they both looked at me, like I'm some kind of a weirdo. Which I am, and am proud of it, to be honest. He soon collected himself and smiled at her, saying he is okay and asking how she is. They made a small talk and I moved a bit and checked my phone.

'Hi Harry, Ivy was invited to her friend's birthday party. It's in the evening and we were thinking if you could maybe stay the night with me and the babies? We will of course understand if you can't, since it's a school night. We just thought of asking you.' The message was from Louis and it caught me completely off guard. There it was again. The feeling of being needed and appreciated and loved. I can't believe, a single message can do that to me. I wanted to go. I said I wanted to spend the night someday. I can't believe today could be that day. I didn't know what my parents would say about it, though.

Niall was still talking to Ashe and we were already late for the next class. English. I loved English, because we were learning about useful things. And not to brag, but I was good with English. I loved writing, I loved talking about different topics and I loved it all. I put my phone away in my pocket again and joined Ashe and Niall. "Ni, we gotta go." I told him silently and he jumped a bit. He was cute when he was nervous. I smiled at Ashe again and then I went towards the class. I saw Niall coming behind me and I didn't say a word, as I knew he wouldn't want me to. We went in silence and when we came, the teacher was already inside, sitting and waiting for us. We were almost the last ones inside. We sat in our usual seats and just as we did, the class started.