Chapter 10

It's been two weeks since I received the message and since I stepped in contact with the people who were supposed to work on my poem. I was just on my way to the meeting. I was so excited, but also super nervous. I had this idea in my head that sounded like the best melody for the poem. I recorded it on my phone and I started wondering what instruments could there go with it.

After a while on the bus I arrived to the place of the meeting. My breathing became even shallower because I remembered that he wants to hear my poem as well. While I was scrolling through my phone, I read the message again. The memories came back. All the memories of that day.

'Hi, Harry! Saw that you won! So proud of you. Hope you'll let me read the poem sometime. See you.' It was Louis.

I stopped breathing in that moment. I was in shock, couldn't even think about how he knew about it. How did he know that I won? It gave me chills and I became all warm and fuzzy. My stomach was doing its own thing. I kept looking at the screen and I didn't know what to do.

"What's wrong, mate?" Niall asked me and I quickly hid my phone away. I don't know why, but I didn't want to tell or show him the message. It felt too personal. Even for my best friend. "Nothing, just got a message. Nothing important." I tried to sound normal, hoping he wouldn't notice my voice shaking. I guess he was too busy to notice. In the next moment the bell rang and it was lunch time. I remembered I had to find Ms. Rexha. On the way there I got something to eat and ate it on the way. On the way there, Ashe joined me and hugged me excitedly, she is so lovely. I hope Niall treats her good.

"Harry and Ashe! I'm glad you're both here! Firstly, I'm so proud if you, I could kiss you right now! Let's go inside, yes?" She widely smiled at us and unlocked the door to her classroom. We stepped inside and sat down so we were now in a small circle. "So, let's go straight to business. This wasn't just a random competition without any real prize. No, the top 10 poems get their own melody and they get recorded as well. Of course all writing credits go to you and you can also participate in the music making and such." She started explaining excitedly and I didn't know how I got so lucky. "Harry, you, as the winner, also get another prize; a guitar. I don't know if you play, but that is the prize." She smiled at me and I got even more excited. I always wanted to play some kind of music instrument, but I never wanted to bother my parents with it, as they gave me everything I ever wanted. I was saving money to buy a guitar or ukulele and now I got it for free. I felt so lucky.

"That's all guys. If you have any questions I'm here, but you're actually free to go. When I get more information about the music making and recording I will let you know." She smiled and we all got up at the same time. Ashe smiled at us, said 'thank you' and she was on her way. I, on the other hand, stayed.

"Ms. Rexha, I actually have a sound for the song already in my head somehow. Could you maybe connect me with the people in charge of everything so I can do it with them?" I said kind of shyly, but I actually did have it. I always did. That was my way of writing. Verses always came first and then along the way melody made its way to me as well.

"Of course. I'll send you all you need to know and then you can make an appointment alright?" She touched my arm reassuringly and smiled at me. I smiled back, said my goodbye and then made my way to the classroom, where we had Chemistry.

I remembered the text. I took out my phone and started thinking what to answer.

'Thank you, Louis. How did you find out, though? I just found out.' I wrote, while trying to stay calm. He told me he was proud of me and that made me feel like I could hug the world. I'm sure there is a good explanation for everything, though.

I didn't have to wait long. I don't know how, since he was working right now, but after half an hour, when I checked my phone again I got another message. I didn't even read it, yet it put a smile to my face already. I wanted to punch myself in the face for feeling this way.