12. Face to Face

"Seb was the perfect gentleman. We had a few drinks and he saw me back to my room. Nothing happened but he's asked to see me again after his race on Sunday," Lily Pierce said smugly to her new teammate Ana Campos, as they entered the paddock on media day in Montreal.

Neither of them spotted Mollie walking behind them with Ash.

"Are him and Mollie definitely over then?"

"Ana, keep up. They've been over for a long time. She walked out on him. He spent last season moping about and taking his anger out on the racetrack. There's no way on earth he'd go back to her after what she did to him. He was destroyed. And I mean, come on, she's not the Mollie she was. I used to really like her but this season she acts like she's too good for the rest of us. Snotty bitch. Would love to see her face when she hears about Seb and me. I give it til Austria and I'll have him in my bed."

Mollie was seething. Lily Pierce knew fuck all. Was that what everybody thought? That she was the bad one who had broken Seb's heart?

Well, Lily was welcome to him. Mollie had been asked out herself a few times since being back. Maybe she should go on a few dates herself. The trouble is she hadn't fancied any of them. A mechanic, two Formula 2 drivers. Even Daniel Ricciardo had asked her out for a drink.

Perhaps she was being too fussy. She decided that next time she was asked she would accept. If Seb was moving on then so was she.

***

Seb leant against a stone pillar in the lobby waiting for Lily. It was the Sunday evening and they were heading out for dinner and drinks. He wasn't totally happy about the result of the race but it hadn't been too bad. He'd finished in second behind Lando. Lily had also finished second in her race the day before. Mollie had won again of course.

Lily finally arrived. Seb thought how pretty she looked in her white minidress. He was really trying but he still couldn't forget about Mollie. He decided he was going to kiss Lily tonight. Maybe that was how he would get Mollie out of his head. He held his arm out and she slipped hers through it. Together they headed out of the hotel, neither of them seeing Mollie watching them from the other side of the lobby, where she was stood talking to Luca and Will.

"Mols," Luca said, repeating himself for the third time.

"Sorry, Luca. What?"

"I said are you coming out tonight? We're heading to Dazzle nightclub for a few. Sophia's coming."

Mollie opened her mouth to refuse before changing her mind. She needed a drink after seeing Seb leave arm in arm with Lily Pierce. It had hit her hard. She missed him so much.

"Ok, count me in. Give me an hour yeah?"

"Sure, meet you back here in an hour then."

Mollie headed up to her room, rapidly sending Sophia a message.

Mollie: Soph, I've agreed to go clubbing tonight. I have absolutely nothing to wear. Please tell me you have a spare dress I can borrow. I can't go in my jeans!

Her phone rang a minute later. She answered it.

"Hello."

"Come to my room Mols," Sophia said. "I have the perfect dress for you. You'll be fighting the men off."

"Sophia I don't want to attract attention. I just want a plain dress."

"No way honey. We're hitting the town and we are gonna look hot as fuck, beautiful. Now get here. Do you have shoes? Can't help you there as we are a different size."