13. An Unexpected Ally

Mollie lay staring at the ceiling, thinking about the night before. She may have been drunk but she could remember every single, little bit of it.

It had been the night of two kisses. Firstly, Will. Unexpected, unwanted and awkward as hell. Then there had been Seb's. Unexpected, hot as hell and everything she wanted,  but she knew she shouldn't. She and Seb were through. Weren't they?

She knew she had to get up soon. She had a flight to Miami to catch but she just didn't feel motivated. She was hungover and hung up. Hung up on the kiss she'd shared with her ex. The kiss that should never have happened.

He'd tasted so bloody good. She just didn't trust herself around him. He'd hurt her so badly and she wasn't going to expose herself to him, or any man, like that again.

But did it have to be about feelings? Maybe she could just fuck him anyway. A sexual understanding without any of the commitment? It was something to consider. Would he be up for that?

And what the hell was she going to do about Will? Had she been naive to never notice before that he fancied her? She was pretty sure he'd given her no indication of it. Perhaps it had just been the drink. He was probably really embarrassed about it this morning. Maybe the best thing would be not to mention it. Carry on as before.

She finally managed to haul herself out of bed and into the shower. After she'd got dressed she finished packing and sat on the balcony with a cup of coffee.

It looked like it was going to be a nice day. She had another two hours before check out. She shut her eyes and thought once again of that kiss. It had been as if they'd never been apart.

Why did she crave Seb so much? She couldn't be sucked in by him again. She would not allow herself to love him again. That would only lead to heartbreak. She hoped he'd got the message last night and would leave her alone.

She didn't know how long she could resist him if he persisted in chasing her. She thought again about whether it would be a good idea to indulge in a purely sexual relationship with him. It would solve all her problems.

She'd get to enjoy his gorgeous body without getting emotionally invested in it. She just didn't trust herself to not fall for him again, no matter how much she told herself she wouldn't. She swore. Why did life have to be so complicated?

***

Seb had fallen asleep with Mollie on his mind. And he'd woken up with Mollie on his mind. He was more sure than ever that he still loved her more than anything.

He had no idea if she loved him but he knew for sure she still wanted him. Her jealousy over Lily, and the kiss they had shared, proved that. He needed to see her. They needed to talk. Maybe in Miami they'd get the chance.

He wanted to kiss her again. He wanted her back in his bed. It had been too long since he had been inside her. Had she taken another lover since then? He felt angry at the thought. He couldn't bare the idea of another man touching her. He wanted to rip Will's head off of his shoulders for daring to kiss her.

His phone rang and he answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Seb," Britta began. "You have a problem."

"What this time Britta? I'm not in the mood."

"You and Mollie are going viral.  Someone's posted a photo on Instagram of you two practically devouring each other.  When were you going to tell me you were back together?"

"Britta," he sighed. "We're not back together. It was just a moment we had."

"One hell of a moment I'd say."