+ eighteen

i place the glass down beside my computer and sit nervously before the screen. i spoke to austin briefly about all of these and he's honestly a nice guy. i feel safe being on the show.

"alright, live in three, two .." the mod nods.
"welcome everyone to the justaminx love or host!" austin welcomes all the viewers and begins introducing everyone slowly. there's a girl with pink hair who i later find to be the niki minx talked so sweetly about. she seems so kind, like she'd never hurt a fly.

austin moves across the assortment of guys and girls and eventually it's my turn.

"here in the right corner is her apparently old friend y/u/n! how did you guys meet?"
"we actually .. tried dating once !" i smile nervously and hear a voice i wasn't expecting.
"really? you're joking?" schlatt says doubtfully.
"schlatt? what are you doing here??"
"you did not date minx!"
"well-"
she speaks for me, "it's fuckin true! no hard feelings though that stuffs in the past. clean slate and that. i didn't realise you'd be saying that on stream though hah .." my stomach drops at her response.
"oh i'm-"
"uhh next! popular content creator jschlatt!"
"hey minx. i have no clue who you are but ive seen you in a couple of y/n streams. excellent rack 7/10"
my blood boils .. he's such an asshat.

my phone pings as austin continues.

schlatt

relax it's a bit
i told her beforehand
i'm gonna be joking 100% of the time
so don't cry about it

i roll my eyes and just get on with it.

"so y/n? where would YOU take her on a date?"
"i'd probably take her to that old italian place we used to-"
"did you hear that closed down?" minx smiles.
"oh- no i .. i didnt ..." already i can feel myself crumbling.
"there's a better place opening though, niki's gonna take me-"
"oop-! you're telling them my answer minx .." she says shyly.
"i guess .. maybe some videogames then .."

schlatt decides now is a great time to open his big goddamn mouth, "videogames? y/n, i'm a new yorker who's used to rats and piss smells on dates and even i know that's a shitty plan."
"oh THAT explains why you smell like piss all the time huh?" i snap at him.
he gasps and frowns, "geez! bite my head off why don't you!"

schlatt

keep going
you'll seem like less of a klutz
i'll give you openings

"minx has schlatt told you about the year 1999-"
"y/n!" he does an almost convincingly angry face, "you can't fucking talk about that here!"
"in 1999-"
"mute her austin! mute her!"
"woah woah- looks like two of our contestants are resorting to fighting for her love!"

"what the fuck happened in 1999?" minx laughs.
"he brutally-"
"LALALALALALA!" schlatt sings over me like a kid.
"they call him steel toe because-"
"i'm blocking you-"
"WOAH WOAH WOAH GUYS WOAH" austin stops the two of us and we stare at him.
"sorry austin .."

"i don't know what the fuck is going on with your u two but i'm gonna take the question over to alex ..." minx says awkwardly and moves on.
i still feel like an idiot, am i ruining this?

i switch up my game and start ignoring schlatt's cues. i'm sure if i bring up fond memories she'll realise i'm the one to chose?

"so what is your favourite thing about me physically?" she smiles, giggling a little.
i can't think of an answer, there's so many. her eyes? her smile? the little nose scrunch she does when she laughs?

"y/n?"
"uhh ... uhh ..."
one of the guys calls out, "yoo that's cold! she can't think of a single thing!"
"no no no!-"
"alright .. next then.." she shakes her head.
"minx there's just- there's so many-"
"yeah yeah, that's what they all say .."

how the hell am i supposed to recover from this? i need to get to her heart somehow.

"minx-" i interrupt her as she talks to schlatt.
"what?"
"remember that time you were crying about being back in hospital and- and i called you and we played minecraft all night on our computers together. even when you were crying you were still so funny and witty and quick and i loved you for that. you never stopped making me laugh." i sigh.
"y/n .. i remember that hah .." she chuckles to herself a little, "that was so long ago .. thank you."
i smile at her.
"i know you probably think you're being a complete doofus but you're not. i appreciate that you came today."
austin's face curls into a grin, "look at this! seems like y/u/n has just flown to the top!"

i cruise through the rest of it riding solely on confidence. more and more people are voted out and eventually schlatt is kicked out and i find myself in the top three. the final stretch.

"now minx, nihachu, y/u/n and alex are here in the top three. who do you choose?"
she takes in a breath, "well, there's actually somebody here i was already with and ... i pretty much just went on here to announce that i was going to be with them seriously."
my heart rate picks up and i sit uncomfortably in my chair. who is she talking about? me?
"so i'm going to pick

niki."

niki smiles and does a little "woo!" as austin reveals she picked love. and i picked love.

"oosh... that's gotta be rough for y/u/n!" austin says.
"yeah .." i chuckle and try to play it off like i was doing it for the stream.
"you did so well though! i'm very glad to meet you!" niki smiles.
i return her kindness, "and i, you. minx really deserves someone as kind as you."

i leave the call and flop my head on the desk.

dummy.

minx

i'm sorry :(
that stream was gonna be niki and i revealing our relationship:,)
i really should've told you
but honestly i didn't think you'd come
i'm glad you did
i really do want to keep being friends
but i think you were right before
a relationship isn't what suits you
but i really think niki suits me
i hope you're okay <3

a/n: sorry this one was bad hah i'll probably edit it later