+ twenty one

after the love or host, things are a little awkward but eventually we stop being so distant and actually talk more. sometimes i have to just remind myself of all the shitty things he's said before i start acting doubting that love or host ...he's an asshole new yorker, i need to remember that. but i soon realise a breakdown of the arrangement.

and of lunch club.

i spend more time streaming now, eventually earning enough money to arrange to buy a house down in austin. i can start my new life there because this club is ending, along with my job.

internal conflict and just general drifting takes out lunch club eventually and we all decide it's time the group finished.

on one cold evening, we spent our final night in la before i finally move off to austin.

we drink and sit around the living room, toasting the end of the group. i tell all the guys how much i appreciate them, going round to all of them to remind them how amazing this whole thing has been and reminding them of how important they are as creators. creators who work just as well as individuals.

ted and charlie have become my two boys and i spend the most time with them.
"of all the guys, you'll be ones i talk to most after all of this. don't tell them that."
"we won't you little rascal! but i'm still gonna miss you like hell when you move." ted frowns.
"i'll visit as often as i can, mr. la! im glad you're gonna be moving here, i need someone to visit up here."
"what about up in vermont?"
"of course, charlie! you'd better watch it honestly, i might steal your house. along with grace."
"hey!"
"she gave me homegrown peppers, charlie. we're basically already married."
"oh y/n schlatt just texted me he's looking for you."
"isn't he drunk off his nuts?" i laugh.
"yeah, i rarely see him like this." he chuckles, "maybe it's your turn to babysit."
i tut and put my can down on the coffee table, "fine."

"schlatt?" i call out, stepping outside into the cold city air and crossing my arms tightly.
"y/n." he sighs into a smile, "i'm so drunk."
"i can tell."
he stands in some baggy grey hoodie with the camera once again hung from his neck. the moon is brighter tonight so is actually visible with the light pollution. i stand beside him and focus on the view of la.
"i needed to uhh talk to you, yeah." he nods.
"what about?" i look across the city lights, freezing up in my hoodie.
"i'll tell you ... in a second. just talk for a minute."
"okay ..." and i do.

i talk about the house and why i bought it, who i'll meet down in austin. i talk about what fans i've encountered and a couple funny twitter interactions. he doesn't speak and i feel strange the more i talk so eventually we just stand in silence for a little while.

it's getting so cold, i'm about to go back inside.

but then he turns to me.