Chapter 18

Did you like the cliffhanger?
.
.
.

Tsukishima was horrified.

How did they know? No, how did Akaashi know?

"Tsukki?" Kuroo asked, breathlessly.

This couldn't be happening. It can't.

But it is, and Tsukishima is being stared at and they know.They know.

Tsukishima could barely breathe, let alone think and so he did the only thing he could think of.

He ran.

And when he ran he was followed, around the corner, up the hill and into the gym.

Tsukishima felt Akaashi writing again but it didn't matter, he was running through the halls, locking himself in the bathroom.

Tsukishima slid down the door, finally safe.

He was breathing heavily from the running and his vision was swimming. He tried to push his glasses up but his hands were shaking.

'How. How. How did Akaashi find out. He couldn't have known, I was careful, I was always careful. He couldn't have known, how could he know.'  Tsukishima thought about the last he saw Akaashi, analyzing anything that could have given him away.

Tsukishima laughed hysterically as a tear slid down his cheek. Of course Akaashi found out, Tsukishima literally went out without his sleeves on, he was basically begging Akaashi to look at his arms and read the soul writings.

'How stupid could I be' he thought, holding his head in his hands.

Tsukishima heard footsteps, and then a try at the door handle.

Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

'Did they really think I'd leave it unlocked? Even Bokuto knows to lock a door' Tsukishima thought, now hearing knocking.

"Tsukki, we need to talk, let us in" Kuroo said, jiggling the door handle.

"Go away, if I wanted to talk I wouldn't be hiding" Tsukishima yelled out.

"Please" Bokuto asked, sounding a bit broken.

"Just forget this happened. Better yet, just forget me entirely because that'll be much easier for both if us." Tsukishima said, staring at his feet.

"What if we don't want the easy way out?" Kuroo said, resting his head on the door.

"You only want me because of the soul connection, leave me be and let me die alone." Tsukishima said, a bit dramatically.

Kuroo and Bokuto looked at eachother before sighing.

"Tsukishima you know we don't need you to be in a relationship with us? We just want to talk because this effects our lives just as much as yours." Kuroo said, trying to be sensible.

'Tsukishima didn't answer.

"If you're scared we only want you because we're soulmates don't be, we were already- OW" Bokuto said, getting interrupted by Kuroo's elbow.

Bokuto looked at Kuroo with a questioning glance.

"What Bo means is that we already wanted to get to know you. You know that because Akaashi told you remember" Kuroo said.

"You aren't going to leave are you?" Tsukishima sighed.

"Nope!" Bokuto and Kuroo chirped back.

Tsukishima stared at his feet, bracing himself before wiping his face and readjusting his glasses. Tsukishima stood up and looked at tge door handle. It was the one thing separating him from his worst nightmare. He opened the door.