Chapter 23

Ahhhh.

.
.
.

"-and that's why Bokuto has a scar on his shoulder shaped like a lightning bolt" Kuroo finished, picking up everyone's plates with a satisfied smile.

"Thank you for the illustrious story Kuroo-san" Tsukishima said, biting his tongue afterwards.

Kuroo clicked his tongue.

"Let's clean up these dishes for your mum yeah?" Kuroo asked.

Tsukishima stood up with a nod and followed Kuroo into the kitchen.

Akaashi raised a brow but kept silent, continuing on with a new line of conversation.

"You know you don't have to be so formal Tsukki-poo" Kuroo chuckled, bumping Tsukishima's hip as he soaped up a sponge.

"Oh don't I know it, dearest pooky" Tsukishima droned in monotone, running the water over his hands.

"Didn't know the mannerisms were so engraved into you" Kuroo mumbled , scrubbing at a plate.

"Mn. I was taught at a young age that respect and manners are important" Tsukishima said, staring at the running water.

"Yeah, when I was younger my parents tried the whole respect thing but when they divorced no one could really bother anymore" Kuroo said, handing a glass to Tsukishima.

"... that must have sucked" Tsukishima said, scrubbing the glass.

"Mn, I guess. It's fine though, I turned out pretty good right?" Kuroo laughed.

"You shouldn't have had to go through that, it wasn't fair to you that your parents allowed their infighting to effect you" Tsukishima said, rinsing off some dishes.

"Ah well, you're not wrong. I've forgiven it though. We're all human you know? And what was I supposed to do? Hate my parents?" Kuroo grumbled.

" . . . I guess not, but still my point stands." Tsukishima said, setting a dish in the drainer.

"Mn. What about you? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but you've never really spoken about your father." Kuroo asked, eyes flitting over to Tsukishima.

Tsukishima sighed.

"You know it's super rude to ask something like that?" Tsukishima grumbled.

Kuroo shrugged.

"Fine. He's not in the picture. He left a long time ago.. he left my mom for his other soulmate" Tsukishima sighed, slowing his work.

"That must have been rough. Is that why you, y'know" Kuroo said, vaguely gesturing towards Tsukishima's arms.

"You know you have no right to ask these questions?" Tsukishima stated.

"You keep answering them" Kuroo said, a smile pulling at the edge of his lips.

". . ."

"Asshole." Tsukishima sighed.

Kuroo nudged Tsukishima's hip.

"I did it because I didn't want to turn out like my mom. Or worse, him. I ran because I was scared, happy?" Tsukishima said, turning to Kuroo.

"Nah. It really sucks that that happened to you and your brother, you didn't deserve to be left. Should have been a better role model" Kuroo said, drying some dishes off with a dishrag.

"Mn. You sound like Akiteru." Tsukishima said, putting the dishes up in the cabinet.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment" Kuroo smiled, heading out to everyone else.