chapter 2

So as you know I'm not the best at writing but I'm really enjoying writing this so I think I'll keep writing this one.
.
.
.

Kuroo picked up a pen and started writing. Immediately Bokuto noticed the nervousness settling in. But it wasn't his own emotions. He new the way his emotions hit, all at once and always at full force. This was more underlying and slow. He looked at his left arm and saw writing.

"hi im Kuroo, your soulmate"

Bokuto sat in silence for a minute. He new Kuroo hadn't realized it yet, and he knew he wouldn't know unless Bokuto said it. He had to decide whether or not to tell him. Of course Bokuto was happy that Kuroo was his soulmate, he was ecstatic. But Kuroo was nervous. Maybe he was scared he would be Bokuto's soulmate. Maybe he doesn't want a soulmate and wants to run off with a secret lover. Bokuto kept thinking of different situations, each worse then the last. Eventually Kuroo spoke.

"Hey are you okay? You don't look so good" Kuroo said a bit terrified.

Kuroo knew that Bokuto's response could decide a whole section of his life. Bokuto could be his soulmate. He could be and that's the problem. He doesn't know. He could be wrong. And even if he's right, what if Bokuto doesn't want to be with him. What if Bokuto decides that they're platonic soulmates. That they're just bros and nothing else. He was scared.

Bokuto eventually decided he would tell him but couldn't find the words. He kept thinking of what to say but everything sounded stupid. He tried opening his dumb mouth but his brain wouldn't connect to his speech. He found his mouth was dry and he was short on words so he did the only thing he could think of. He shoved his arm in Kuroo's face.

Kuroo's eyes went wide. He was so relieved. But he wasn't out of the woods yet and he knew it. Bokuto hadn't done anything but show him they're soulmates. He doesn't know if he reciprocates his feelings. He has to say something.

"Bro.. I have something to confess" Kuroo said reluctantly.

Bokuto just looked at him, a whole bunch of different scenarios going through his head. He nodded slowly opening and closing his mouth. Kuroo took that as his que to start speaking.

"I've had thoughts of us being more then bros for a while. If you just want to be platonic I would understand but um.. I just wanted you to know that" Kuroo said rubbing the back of his neck.

Bokuto just sat there for a second. He thought he was going crazy. This was obviously just a cruel dream. Right? Because he couldn't of just heard Kuroo confess to him.

"Can you um...say that again?" Bokuto asked mouth dry.

Kuroo spoke again, quickly loosing confidence.

"I- well um, I like you okay? We're soulmates, and I was wondering if you liked me back or if you didn't." He spoke quickly and with some purpose.

Bokuto started to laugh. Kuroo didn't see what was so funny. Kuroo didn't think Bokuto was the type to laugh at others feelings, but he thinks he could be wrong. Kuroo looks away embarrassed and dejected. But suddenly Bokuto speaks.

"No, no-! I just- I never thought things could turn out so well" he chuckled and hugged Kuroo tight.

Kuroo was taken aback, but when the shock wore off he slowly brought his arms around Bokuto and put his face into the crook of Bokuto's neck.

"The universe is very kind I think" he spoke into Bokuto's neck.

Bokuto chuckled and spoke.

"You and I both know that's not true."

And so they started dating.  When they went down stairs the next morning they forgot that Kuroo's mom was still alive and well and existing in the same space as them. And to how that exchange went down...
.
.
.

Kuroo and Bokuto went downstairs acting like they'd never been less then lovers. And that's sweet and all but Kuroo's mom was certainly not ready for it.

"Babe do you want eggs and bacon or eggs and sausage?" Kuroo asked while Bokuto hugged him from behind.

"Bothhh" Bokuto whined and put his head in Kuroo's shoulder.

And with that they heard a shatter from behind them. When they looked towards where the sound came from they saw a very frazzled mother in a pink bathrobe and fuzzy cat slippers Kuroo had gotten her as a joke.  And the broken coffee mug.

Bokuto jumped off Kuroo and got very flushed. While Kuroo started going from absolute embarrassment to making this face that made him look like a deer being chased by a mountain lion. Like he knew he was in trouble but was debating how long he would have before things went to shit.

Kuroo's mother looked at Kuroo and Bokuto and pointed at both of them. Then a minute or so later spoke.

"So uh, soulmates huh?" She said with a hand in her hair.

Kuroo looked at Bokuto like he was asking if Bokuto wanted to tell her. As if he wouldn't want to tell absolutely everyone. Bokuto shook his head yes rapidly. Kuroo's mom just sighed and spoke.

"Ok well that's awesome for you guys, just um be careful and um yeah... I feel like I'm forgetting something.." she thought the last part out loud.

"So you're okay with us?" Kuroo pointed at himself and then Bokuto.

"As long as he doesn't give you any diseases I'm fine with it... You two look good together, and as long as you're happy I'll be fine. And either way, if I tried splitting you apart you think I'd be very successful?" She spoke and ruffled Kuroo's already messy hair.

Kuroo lifted his hand with the purpose to object but put his hand back down blushing.

"But then why'd you drop your coffee?" Kuroo spoke confusion tainting his voice.

"Well how would you feel if you're child went to bed with his second best friend and then right after you wake up, before you even get a sip of your coffee you see them being more domestic then you and your dead beat ex when you were in your honey moon phase. A bit shocking huh?" She spoke, no bitterness in her voice.

Kuroo opened his mouth before closing it and laughing just a bit to much. It's not that Kuroo hates his dad but it was fun finding out how he slightly resented him. It's very slight but when you get to know him you see it. He then spoke.

"HahA, yeah- yeah I guess. So um thanks for being accepting? Some parents aren't so thank you." After speaking Kuroo proceeded to give his mom a hug. She hugged back and spoke.

"Of course hun, you never need to be scared to tell me something about yourself." She smiled and let go of him continuing to speak.

"But uh can you clean this up? I need to get to work and I have-" she checked her watch," about 20 minutes to shower, get ready and drive to work."

Kuroo nodded and smiled.
.
.
.
.
After cleaning Bokuto and Kuroo ate and spent the day together. Watching TV and sitting just a bit closer then normal, going out for ice cream and going to tell Bokuto's family about them. They were all ecstatic, from his mother and father to his little sisters and his grandparents. His cousins caught wind not to long after as well. As the day came to a close Bokuto opened his phone changing Kuroo's username that he hadn't touched since that day at the training camp.

Change "that one hot guy from the train" to "my hot guy from the train "? Y/N

Y

Bokuto smiled at his phone before going to bed dreaming of the future that he got to build with his best friend.